|<< Back to Region VII
Date Signed: July 25, 2006
Date Renewed: November 12, 2008
This alliance provides WATC’s students, business partners and others with
information, guidance and access to training resources that will help them
protect employees' health and safety with particular emphasis in the areas of
Youth and Hispanic outreach/training to reduce construction and general industry
The agreement also focuses on a number of goals including:
Training and education:
Outreach and communication:
- Develop and deliver training and education programs on various issues
affecting the safety and health of Hispanic/Latino employers and employees.
- Jointly deliver or arrange for the delivery of OSHA-specific training courses.
Implementation Team Members
- Provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention
of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of
communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic
assistance tools and OSHA's and WATC’s websites) to employers and employees.
- Speak, exhibit or appear at WATC safety and health conferences, local
meetings, conferences and other appropriate meetings or events.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and others regarding WATC’s best
practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by WATC
and through OSHA or WATC developed materials, training programs, workshops,
seminars and lectures.
- Promote and encourage WATC students and business partner’s participation in
OSHA’s cooperative programs such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary
Protection Program, Consultation and the Safety and Health Achievement
- Mrs. Sandy Randel Program Administrator, Secondary Transition/Special Projects
- Mr. Rex Smith Safety and Health Instructor
- David K. McDonnell CAS OSHA – Wichita Area Office
Implementation Team Meetings
- An implementation team meeting was held January 30, 2009 to discuss ways to
publicize the fact that WATC is satellite outreach site of the Metropolitan
Community College-Business and Technology Center (MCC-BTC) in Kansas City, MO.
Activities and Products
Outreach and Communication
07/26/2008 – 07/25/2009
Training and Education
- WATC personnel provided the following outreach training during this evaluation
- WATC hosted OTI Course #3110 - Fall Arrest Systems for the OSHA-Wichita Area
- WATC hosted an AMI - Meat Industry Orientation Seminar for the OSHA-Wichita
- 30 Hour 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Course No Data Available
- 10 Hour 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Course No Data Available
- 30 Hour 29 CFR 1926 Construction Industry Course No Data Available
- 10 Hour 29 CFR 1926 Construction Industry Course No Data Available
- Assisted with Wichita Area Builders Association Fall Protection & OSHA 1926
Course Training 10 & 30 Hour No Data Available
- Provided the City of Wichita Central Inspection Division with training on
Powered Industrial Truck/Aerial Lift training, OSHA 10 Hour training for General
Industry & Construction, and Asbestos Awareness No Data Available
- WATC provided a guest speaker for the Kansas Safety & Health Conference
- WATC partnered with the OTI Education Center at MCC-BTC in Kansas City, MO and
thereby expanding OSHA outreach training to better serve the needs of Kansas
workers and employers especially those in the Wichita Kansas area.
Due to the departure of the WATC implementation team members, outreach data
including the total number of persons trained is not available for this
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic
Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
- Improving contact and renewing activity through a new Liaison at WATC
Report Prepared by: David McDonnell, OSHA Wichita Area Office
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at
202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's Webpage.