|<< Back to Region VII
ALLIANCE ANNUAL REPORT
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS Area Offices
Safety Council of Western Missouri and Kansas
October 12, 2007
July 20, 2006
Period Covered by This Report
July 20, 2006 – October 12, 2007
Kathy Zents, Executive Director, Safety Council of Western Missouri and Kansas
Mark Banden, Compliance Assistance Specialist, Kansas City, MO Area Office
The Alliance will provide safety and health information and training to employers in the Kansas City
metropolitan area, as well as sharing of best practices to prevent employee exposure to workplace
Alliance Program Reach
- On July 13, 2006 a meeting was held between the Kansas City CAS and Ms. Kathy Zents, Executive
Director for the Council, to plan activities for the Council’s Annual Safety Conference and to reach
agreement on signing an Alliance with the Council and the Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS Area
- The Council’s Annual Safety Conference was held July 20 and 21, 2006, in Kansas City, KS, with
over 120 people attending. The Kansas City CAS conducted a 4-hour training session on "Managing
Beyond OSHA Regulations." The Kansas City and Wichita Area Directors attended and signed the Alliance.
- On November 20, 2006, the CAS provided the Council with contact people at EPA for a conference
planned for July, 2007.
- Planning meetings were held on December 7, 2006, and January 18, 2007, for training sessions to be
held in February. The CAS will conduct the 10-hour construction and 10-hour general industry
- On February 15 and 16, 2007, the CAS conducted the 10-hour construction and general industry
courses. About 80 people attended each session.
- Planning meetings were held April 16, May 14 and June 29, 2007, for the Council’s Annual Safety
Conference in July.
- The Council’s Annual Safety Conference was held on July 26 and 27, 2007.
The CAS participated in a 4-hour OSHA Roundtable discussion. About 75 people attended each day.
- The Council will host their first Environmental Safety Conference on October 26, 2007. The CAS
will assist in providing HAZWOPER and Hazardous Waste Operations training.
|Type of Activity
||Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
|Annual Safety Conference, July 20 and 21, 2006-Great
Wolf Lodge, Kansas City, KS, 4-hour session on "Managing Beyond OSHA Regulations."
|10-Hour Construction Course-February 15, 2007
|10-Hour General Industry Course-February 16, 2007
|Annual Safety Conference-4-Hour OSHA Roundtable
Discussion, July 26 and 27, 2007