|<< Back to Region VII
AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Wichita Area Office
Pittsburg State University
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Pittsburg State University (PSU)
recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful
American workplaces. OSHA and Pittsburg State University hereby form an Alliance to provide PSU’s
students, business partners and others with information, guidance and access to training resources
that will help them protect employees' health and safety with particular emphasis in the areas of
youth outreach/training to reduce construction and general industry hazards.
OSHA and PSU will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
OSHA and PSU will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Provide OSHA expertise in the development of training and education programs for construction and
general industry regarding the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide
expertise in communicating such information to employers and employees in these industries.
- Provide OSHA expertise in the development of workplace safety and health curricula on such topics
as the following: Hazard Awareness and Recognition, Benefits of an effective Safety and Health
Program, Effective Safety and Health Training and OSHA Recordkeeping.
- Pittsburg State University will deliver or arrange for the delivery of these courses.
OSHA and PSU will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national
dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Provide OSHA expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace
hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print
and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's and PSU’s websites) to employers and
- Speak, exhibit or appear at PSU safety and health conferences, local meetings, conferences and
other appropriate meetings or events.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and others regarding PSU’s best practices or effective
approaches and publicize results through outreach by PSU and through OSHA or PSU developed
materials, training programs, workshops, seminars and lectures.
- Promote and encourage PSU students and business partner’s participation in OSHA’s cooperative
programs such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation and the
Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
OSHA’s Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative
relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and
promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proved to be
valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a
party, OSHA is not endorsing any of that party’s products or services; nor does the Agency enter
into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party’s products or services.
- Raise others’ awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health
whenever PSU leaders address groups.
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of safety and health and
publicize their results.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or meetings on health and safety issues
to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
- Cooperatively develop shadowing and internship opportunities for students interested in safety.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan
of action, determine working procedures and identify the roles and responsibilities of the
participants. In addition, they will meet or teleconference at least three times a year to track and
share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason
at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time
with the concurrence of both signatories.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Centro Latino de Lago