|<< Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region VII
Kansas Grain and Feed Association
ALLIANCE ANNUAL REPORT
February 2, 2006 – February 1, 2008
I. Alliance Background
February 2, 2006
This alliance provides Kansas Grain and Feed Association (KGFA) members and others with information,
guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety,
particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to engulfment, struck by, falls, electrical,
machine guarding and ergonomic hazards, transportation safety issues and compliance with 29 CFR
The agreement also focuses on a number of goals including:
Training and education:
Outreach and communication:
- To provide expertise to develop training and education programs for KGFA members regarding
engulfment, struck by, falls, electrical, machine guarding, ergonomic hazards and transportation
safety issues, and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employers and
employees in the industry.
- To deliver or arrange for the delivery of OSHA's 10-hour general industry course and grain
engulfment hazards course.
Implementation Team Members
- To provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace
hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print
and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's, Consultation and the KGFA Web sites)
to employers and employees in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at KGFA conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- KGFA will serve as a conduit for information regarding industry best practices or effective
approaches to other industry members and OSHA and Consultation personnel. This goal will be
achieved by KGFA publicizing such practices and approaches through newsletters, workshops,
training programs, etc.
- Promote and encourage KGFA members' or worksites' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs
such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and SHARP.
|Seth Rolfs, Director of Member Services
David K. McDonnell, CAS
Ken Bieker, Environmental Scientist
OSHA – Wichita Area Office
Kansas Department of Labor
02/02/2006 – 02/01/2008
II. Implementation Team Meetings
III. Training and Education
- Initial Implementation meeting February 2006
- A meeting was held via telephone in June of 2007 to discuss more involvement by OSHA personnel
in future KGFA events.
Training and Education
Outreach and Communication
- OSHA CAS activity
- Attendance at the KGFA annual meeting in April 2007.
IV. Upcoming Milestones
- Kansas Farm Service presented a two hour seminar on hazards to the grain industry with emphasis
on grain engulfment hazards at the annual KGFA meeting on April 2007. The seminar was attended by
- Two Bin Entry seminars provided to the industry by Cargill in 2007
- Discussion of alliance renewal