The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the YouthBuild Dallas Center recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and the YouthBuild Dallas Center hereby form an Alliance to provide the YouthBuild Dallas Center members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to caught-between, electrical, fall and struck-by hazards. In developing this Alliance, OSHA and the YouthBuild Dallas Center recognize that OSHA's State Plan and Consultation Project partners are an integral part of the OSHA national effort.
OSHA and the YouthBuild Dallas Center will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Identify safety and health topics and training methodologies best suited to employees identified as working in either construction, or other types of industry. Training will
be conducted by the staff of both the YouthBuild Dallas Center and the Dallas Area Office. Class materials and content dealing with OSHA will be co-developed with Youth Build
and reviewed for accuracy.
- Develop schedules and logistical details for training: Schedules will be developed by the Youth Build Dallas Center.
- YouthBuild will utilize their own training manuals, catalogs, flyers, and postings to market the safety and health training:
- The Alliance participants will explore other methods to advertise and promote the availability of training classes, lecturers, and seminars.
OSHA and the YouthBuild Dallas Center will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or the YouthBuild Dallas Center conferences, and local meetings.
OSHA and the YouthBuild Dallas Center will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Raise others’ awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health whenever the YouthBuild Dallas Center leaders address groups.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on youth worker issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input
on safety and health issues.
OSHA, The Workers Defense Project and CSHI will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on Spanish worker safety and health issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or
to provide input on safety and health issues.
OSHA's Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, OSHA is not endorsing any of that party's products or services; nor does the Agency enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party's products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of
the participants. Team members will include representatives of OSHA's Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance.
This agreement will remain in effect for two (2) years. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of both signatories
|Stephen Boyd Date
Occupational Safety and
||Artis Dean Date
YouthBuild Dallas Center Administration
Dividion of Professional Safety and Health and