Back to Region VI
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the T & T Staff Management, LP recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and the T & T Staff Management, LP hereby form an Alliance to provide the T & T Staff Management, LP members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to construction and general industry safety hazards (such as but not limited to falls, electrical, struck-by, caught between). In developing this Alliance, OSHA and the T & T Staff Management, LP recognize that OSHA's State Plan and Consultation Project partners are an integral part of the OSHA national effort.
OSHA and the T & T Staff Management, LP will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Develop and disseminate information through print and electronic media, including electronic assistance tools and links from OSHA's and T & T's website.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of construction courses, as well as courses that will benefit employees working in general industry.
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop workplace safety and health curricula on construction and general industry courses.
OSHA and T & T Staff Management, LP will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at T & T Staff Management, LP conferences, local meetings, or other events such as El Paso Roofers Association, El Paso Association of Builders, and Sub-contractors Association of El Paso.
- Promote and encourage T & T members' or worksites' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs, such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program. T & T will mentor client worksites to achieve excellence in safety and health.
- Share information on T & T worksites, best practices, as jointly determined by OSHA and T & T with others in the industry and publicize results through outreach by T & T and through OSHA develop training programs and materials, workshops, seminars, and lectures.
- Promote and encourage T & T worksites and client companies to build relationships with OSHA's Regional and area office and Consultation Projects to address health and safety issues, including issues that impact the construction industry.
OSHA and T & T Staff Management, LP will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health.
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health whenever T & T Staff Management, LP leaders address groups.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on construction issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace to provide input.
OSHA's Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, OSHA is not endorsing any of that party's products or services; nor does the Agency enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party's products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. Team members will include representatives of OSHA's Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Any signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of all signatories.
Richard F. Tapio
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
T & T Staff Management, LP