|<< Back to Region VI
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and T&T Staff Management, LP (T & T) recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and T& T Staff Management, LP (an employee leasing company representing 300 construction companies with 6000 employees) hereby form an Alliance to. provide T & T Staff Management, employees and clients with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect their health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to construction hazards such as falls from different elevations, struck-by and caught-in between objects, and electrocution hazards.
OSHA and T& T Staff Management will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Develop and disseminate information through print and electronic media, including electronic assistance tools and links from OSHA's and T&T 's Web site.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at T&T Staff Management conferences, local meetings, or other events such as EI Paso Roofers Association, EI Paso Association of Builders, and Sub-contractors Association of EI Paso.
- Promote and encourage T& T members' or worksites' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and the Safety and Health Award Recognition Program. In addition, T&T will act as mentors to client worksites that aspire to excellence in safety and health.
- Share Information on T&T worksites best practices, as jointly determined by OSHA and T& T of with others in the industry and publicize the results through outreach by T& T and through OSHA developed training programs and materials.
- Encourage T& T worksites and client companies and to build relationships with OSHA's Regional and Area Offices to address health and safety issues, including falls, struck-by, caught-in and electrocution hazards.
- Assist with answering question when T&T is teaching safety related courses and assist with contacting OSHA Educational Centers and other safety and health organizations for conducting safety related courses to T& T employees.
OSHA and T& T Staff Management will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health whenever T&T leaders address groups.
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of safety and health and publicize their results.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on falls, struck-by, caught-in and electrocution hazards to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
OSHA's Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, OSHA is not endorsing any of that party's products or services; nor does the Agency enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party's products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least quarterly to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance. This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice.
This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of both signatories.
Area Director, Lubbock Area Office
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
T & T Staff Management, LP