|<< Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region IV
- Alliance Background
The purpose of the alliance is to provide safety & health training to students at the Southwest Independent School District’s (SWISD) Construction, Automotive, & Welding Career Academy located in San Antonio, TX.
Implementation Team Members.
Steven Schultz, ABC South Texas, San Antonio
Judy Newman, Southwest Independent School District, San Antonio
Lyndol Miller, OSHA
Joann Natarajan, OSHA
- Implementation Team Meetings
Two meetings were held to coordinate 2 events. Meetings were held on April 9, and Oct 9, 2008 for events held on April 24, 2008 and Nov. 13, 2008.
- Activities and Products
This report covers 3-8-2008 to 3-8-2009
- Training and Education - Two safety day events were held at SWISD, where 200 high school students attended each session demonstration highlighting the focus four hazards of Falls, Struck By, Caught in, and Electrical.
- OSHA gave 2 presentations on "All About OSHA" and "How to Write a JSA" to construction career academy students on October 9, 2008.
- Training and Education - Fifty students achieved the OSHA 10 hour card.
- Twenty students achieved the OHSA 30 hour card.
Students gained an awareness of the focus four hazards and the impact safety has on their lives and working careers.
| Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
|| Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
| Students achieving OSHA 10 hour card
| Students who attended the OSHA presentations
| Students that attended the hands on safety days
- Upcoming Milestones
OSHA and ABC members plan to continue the twice yearly safety days and the annual presentations to students at SWISD.
Report Prepared by: Joann Natarajan
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.