The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Pearsall Independent School District (Pearsall ISD) agree to establish an Alliance to promote safe and healthful working conditions for construction youth workers. OSHA and Pearsall ISD hereby form an Alliance to provide youth with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them to be knowledgeable of safety and health hazards of the construction industry with a focus on the four major hazards; falls, electrical, struck by, and caught in/between hazards. The signatories to the Alliance recognize that OSHA’s State Plan and Consultation Project partners are an integral part of the OSHA national effort.
OSHA Pearsall ISD will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop training and education programs for construction youth workers regarding falls, electrical, struck by, and caught in/between, and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employees and employees in the industry.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of the OSHA 10-hour Safety Course utilizing Texas Engineering Extension Service (TEEX).
OSHA and Pearsall ISD will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (print and electronic media, including electronic assistance tools and links from OSHA’s websites).
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at events such as Pearsall ISD council meetings.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding Pearsall ISD best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by Pearsall ISD, and through OSHA developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures (or any other applicable form).
OSHA’s Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, OSHA is not endorsing any of the party’s products or services; nor does the Agency enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party’s products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of the two organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants, In addition, they will meet twice a year to track and share information on activities and result in achieving the goals of the Alliance.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of all signatories..
Two original copies of this present agreement are signed and rectified on this 9th day of May, 2012. Thus validating dual texts equally.
THEREFORE, the Pearsall ISD and Pearsall High School and San Antonio Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) hereby enter into this alliance.
Dr. Esthela Rodriguez Date
Superintendent of Schools
Pearsall Independent School District
Julian Hernandez Date
Pearsall High School
Jeff Funke Date
San Antonio Area Office