Back to Concluded Alliances - Region VI
Date Signed: Date Signed: September 4, 2008
End Date: September 4, 2010
OSHA and the Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) Gulf Coast Chapter formed an Alliance to provide small contractors in the construction industry and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to occupational safety and health hazards such as electrical, falls, struck-by, and caught-between hazards in the construction industry.
Implementation Team Members.
IEC - GCC
Robert Jones, IEC - GCC
Jim Shelton, Houston North AO
Mark Hernandez, Houston South AO
September 4, 2008 through September 4, 2010
Implementation Team Meetings
After the signing of the Alliance coordination and planning was conducted through phone, email, and safety committee meetings
Events and Products
Training and Education
- Conducted a two hour Introduction to OSHA and OSHA Inspections Class (15 companies)
- Assisted and participated in a forum on 70E, arc flash and arc flash PPE (75 companies)
Outreach and Communication
- Distributed information on the OSHA 10 Hour Marathon
- Attended 7 safety committee meetings providing assistance and information
- Developed/distributed a list of hyperlinks for hurricane related information for distribution after Ike
- Wrote two safety articles for the IEC newsletter, one on aerial lift safety and the other on safety management systems
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- No National dialogue at this time
- No products developed at this time
Participation in the alliance has helped maintain the momentum of the safety committee which the local OSHA CASs helped facilitate and support. In addition to the classes and the seminars, information on fatality trends, best practices, and new regulations were distributed to the small electrical contractor community.
None. Alliance has been concluded.