Back to Region VI
February 12, 2009 (renewal)
OSHA and HBR hereby form an Alliance to provide HBR members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees’ health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to crane related incidents in the petrochemical, construction and refining industries.
- Implementation Team Members
Executive Director: Wayne Oswald
Operating Committee Chairman: Mark Atherton
Safety & Health Resource Committee: Bruce Lushbough, CSP
Crane & Rigging Committee: Walter Brumley
USDOL - OSHA: Mark R. Briggs, AD
USDOL - OSHA: Mark A. Hernandez, CAS
- Evaluation Period
2-12-09 – 2-12-2010
- Implementation Team Metings:
- The Houston South Area Office’s (HSAO) Compliance Assistance Specialists (CAS) attended the monthly Occupational Safety Committee meetings and additional alliance meetings as needed.
- Events and Products
- 22nd Annual HBR Contractor Safety Excellence Awards Ceremony at Galveston Convention Center/San Luis Hotel with approximately 750 guests in attendance
- HBR Safety Excellence Awards Winners Best Practices Seminar held at HASC with approximately 100 people in attendance
- Training and Education
At the HBR Safety Expo in 2008, Mr. Joe Collins from Crane & Derrick Advisory Committee to speak on Tower Cranes. (44 participants)
- OSHA Challenge Program overview forum/seminar with approx. 25 participants
- Crew Resource Management Forum titled "Lessons From the Flight Deck" presented to approx. 30 participants
- Forum on "Alcoholic Energy Drinks" attended by approx. 25 participants
- Forum on fingerprint testing for alcohol held for approx. 25 participants
Outreach and Communication
- Mr. Oswald and members of the sub-committees are members of National organizations and have attended Regional and National conferences.
- Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- Mr. Bruce Lushbough attended the National ASSE PDC.
- Mr. Wayne Oswald is attending the National NCCER meeting in Houston on September 22, 2009.
- Members of the Crane & Rigging Committee have submitted comments and have dialogue with members of the Crane & Rigging Advisory Committee (CDAC).
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
The Crane & Rigging Committee is working to create a general daily inspection form for below the hook lifting devices to disseminate to the construction industry. Houston South when speaking on mobile cranes in giving the HBR Crane & Rigging Committee information for subject matter expertise to the Industry.