Back to Region V
- Alliance Background
November 3, 2009
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Mary Hansen - WITC Human Resource Specialist, Safety and Security
- Cher Vink - WITC Associate VP, HR & Employee Relations
- Steve Decker - WITC Associate VP, Financial & Business Services/CFO
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were held with Team Members:
Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
• November 1, 2011 to November 1, 2012
- OSHA presented for regularly scheduled WITC courses:
- Supervisor Management Course
- OSHA CAS worked with the Safety and Security committee to review and evaluate the ventilation in the welding shop at the Superior campus.
- OSHA CAS attended a construction progress meeting for the addition at the New Richmond campus.
- Conducted "Safety Day" with OSHA coordinating the subject matter and WITC coordinating the marketing and logistics of hosting the event in Rice Lake in which over 120 people attended.
- OSHA and WITC support the RISC (Regional Indianhead Safety Council) which reorganized in 2012. OSHA presented and WITC hosted the meeting.
- Eau Claire OSHA office loaned noise dosimeters to get time-weighted averages for various shops at the different campuses.
- OSHA used WITC’s facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA and WITC have developed a broader network for future projects.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training,
Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
|Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
|OSHA attended a Construction Meeting
|OSHA: Presentation to Supervisory Management
|OSHA: Presentation to Welding Class on Workers Rights
|OSHA/WITC: Safety Day in Rice Lake – Day Long
|OSHA/WITC: Safety and Security Internal Meeting
|OSHA evaluation of the ventilation in the weld shop at the Superior campus.
- Upcoming Milestones
- OSHA and WITC will work together for a stronger safety presence in the Farm Business and Production Management courses to provide safety training for farmers and farm workers, including Hispanic workers.
- Implementation team will include the new Safety Trainer to increase the number of community contacts served.
- Safety Day in New Richmond, WI on April 11, 2013. Three Tracks including Arc Flash/Electrical, Administrative-Safety Management, and Best Practices.
Report Prepared by:
Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.