ANNUAL REGIONAL ALLIANCE REPORT
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC)
Shell Lake, WI
November 17, 2014
November 28, 2012
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Mary Hansen - WITC Human Resource Specialist, Safety and Security
- Cher Vink - WITC Associate VP, HR & Employee Relations
- Steve Decker - WITC Associate VP, Financial & Business Services/CFO
- Todd Larson - WITC Safety Training Specialist
Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were held with Team Members:
Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
- November 1, 2013 to November 1, 2014
- OSHA assisted in an OSHA 30 class.
- OSHA CAS assisted Safety Training Specialist with interpretations of the OSHA standards.
- OSHA CAS attended the WITC Safety and Security committee meetings.
- OSHA CAS promoted the Fall Hazard Awareness campaign for construction projects during safety meetings at the New Richmond and Rice Lake campuses.
- Conducted "Safety Day" with OSHA coordinating the subject matter and WITC coordinating the marketing and logistics of hosting the event in Rice Lake, WI in which over 75 people attended.
- WITC's Safety Trainer and OSHA's CAS attend the Sand Plant Safety Peer meetings.
- OSHA used WITC's facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA and WITC have developed a broader network for future projects.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
WITC 5th Annual Safety Day-Rice Lake, WI
OSHA - 30 Courses
WITC Safety and Security Committee Meeting
New Richmond Fall Protection Presentation
Rice Lake Fall Protection Presentation
OSHA - 10 WATT Grant training to a Youth Group
Hazard Recognition Workshop - Superior Campus
OSHA - 10 Rice Lake
Sand Plant Safety Group
- OSHA and WITC will work together for a stronger safety presence in the Farm Business and Production Management courses to provide safety training for farmers and farm workers, including Hispanic workers.
- Safety Day in New Richmond, WI on April 7, 2015. Three Tracks including Arc Flash/Electrical, Administrative-Safety Management, and Best Practices.
Report Prepared by:
Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.