Back to Region V
November 3, 2009
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Chris Fowler – Vice President of Continuing Education
- John Will – Vice President of Administrative Services
- Mary Hansen – Human Resource Specialist, Safety and Security
- Chris Landstrom – Associate Dean of Continuing Education
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were held with Team Members:
Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
November 3, 2009 to November 17, 2010
- OSHA presented for regularly scheduled WITC courses:
- Supervisor Risk Management Course
- Wood Technics/Contemporary Workplace
- OSHA presented at two sessions of the Winter Staff In-Service Day
- WITC and OSHA coordinate and participate in RISC (Regional Indianhead Safety Council)
- Conducted “Safety Day” with OSHA coordinating the subject matter and WITC coordinating the marketing and logistics of hosting the event in Rice Lake in which 130 people attended.
- Established networking with the District MSHA outreach coordinator, OSHA CAS and Associate Dean for Continuing Education for more joint presentations.
- OSHA used WITC’s facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA and WITC have developed a broader network for future projects.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
|OSHA: Presentation to RISC
|OSHA: Presentation to Contemporary Workplace
|OSHA: Presentation to Supervisory Management
|OSHA: Seminar for Records Requirements –Superior
|OSHA: Presented at 2 sessions at Winter In-service
|OSHA/WITC: Safety Day in Rice Lake – Day Long
|OSHA/WITC: Safety and Security Internal Meeting
- OSHA and WITC will work together for a stronger safety presence in the Farm Business and Production Management courses to provide safety training for farmers and farm workers, including Hispanic workers.
- Safety Day in New Richmond, WI on April 14, 2011. Three Tracks including Arc Flash/Electrical, Administrative-Safety Management, and Best Practices.
Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's webpage.