<< Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region V
August 28, 2005 and re-signed in August 2008
Implementation Team Members
Develop training and education programs on health and safety issues to improve business awareness of OSHA regulations, safety and health management systems, and cooperative programs.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety and health courses for employees and supervisors working in the various areas covered by this alliance.
- Improve the safety and health performance of employers that receive outreach, training, or other assistance services (i.e., mentoring, on-site consultation, hazard identification).
Kimberly Stille, Area Director, Madison OSHA
George Yoksas, Area Director, Milwaukee OSHA
Mark Hysell, Area Director, Eau Claire OSHA
Frank Winingham, Area Director, Appleton OSHA
Terry Moen, Program Manager, On-Site Consultation
Bryan Roessler, Director, WCS
- Implementation Team Meetings
The implementation team met on November 12, 2009 to discuss and plan programmatic activities for the FY 2010.
Activities and Products
This evaluation covers the period from November 10, 2009 to November 19, 2010.
Training and Education - Numerous training sessions were held for attendees of WCS training programs.
Conferences and Expositions
- Safe Electrical Work Practices September 16, 2010 and October 6, 2010 (Pat Ostrenga).
- Applying OSHA Recordkeeping February 12, 2009 (Leslie Ptak), February 19, 2010, March 25, 2010 and April 8, 2010, (Jim Lutz) and October 15, 2009 and March 10, 2010 (Mary Bauer).
- Process Safety Management January 2010 (George Yoksas)
- New Cranes September 16, 2010 (Pat Ostrenga)
The WSC uses the OSHA offices as a resource to communicate answers to its membership via the WSC online newsletters.
- Safety and Health Congress April 26, 27 and 28, 2010
- Electrical Safe Work Practices Professional Development Seminar (Pat Ostrenga)
- Safety Training (Pat Ostrenga and Jim Lutz)
- Permit-Required Confined Space Entry (Nicole O'Connor)
- Warehousing and Material Handling (Mary Bauer and Root)
- Workplace Fatigue (Mary Bauer)
- Interpretation of Industrial Hygiene Results, Professional Development Seminar (Gruetzmacher)
- Essential Safety and Health Compliance Programs, (WisCon Staff)
- OSHA Proposal to Update the HazCom Standard (George Gruetzmacher)
- OSHA Update (Kim Stille)
- Safe Work Practices/NFPA 70E November 2 and 3, 2010 (Pat Ostrenga)
- Pandemic Influenza Conference October 23, 2009 (Leslie Ptak)
- Ergonomics Conference December 15, 2009 (Leslie Ptak)
- Food Processors Conference February 17, 2010 (Leslie Ptak)
WSC Committee Participation
- Compliance/Regulation questions and answers answered
- OSHA contributes to monthly Safety Zone newsletters
- OSHA contributes to course content of many WSC courses
- WSC Distributes OSHA's Construction and General Industry newsletters to its membership
- WSC Distributes Region V quarterly fatality reports to its membership
- WSC consults with OSHA in selecting and designing courses
- WSC consults with OSHA for the selection of its Hall of Fame, Leadership and Corporate Safety awards
- WSC and OSHA partner to promote OSHA's VPP and SHARP programs
Complimentary Displays given to OSHA at any of WSC's eight conferences
- Member of WSC Advisory Board: George Gruetzmacher
- Member of Congress Planning Committee: George Gruetzmacher and Terry Moen
- Member Occupational Safety Professional Subcommittee: George Gruetzmacher and Terry Moen
- Member American Industrial Hygiene Association Subcommittee: George Gruetzmacher and Terry Moen
- Member of Occupational Safety Professional Subcommittee: Leslie Leslie Ptak
- Presenter at WSC Board Meeting: Kim Stille
Complimentary Displays given to Wisconsin Consultation at any of WSC's eight conferences
|Type of Activity
(Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
|Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
|Total number of conference and training session participants
|Total number of members who receive OSHA materials forwarded to them by WSC
|Total number of individuals on WSC mailing list who receive OSHA materials forwarded to them by WSC
Report Prepared by: Leslie Ptak, Compliance Assistance Specialist
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's Website.