Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region V
August 28, 2005 and re-signed in August 2008
Develop training and education programs on health and safety issues to improve business awareness of OSHA regulations, safety and health management systems, and cooperative programs.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety and health courses for employees and supervisors working in the various areas covered by this alliance.
- Improve the safety and health performance of employers that receive outreach, training, or other assistance services (i.e., mentoring, on-site consultation, hazard identification).
Implementation Team Members
Kimberly Stille, Area Director, Madison OSHA
George Yoksas, Area Director, Milwaukee OSHA
Mark Hysell, Area Director, Eau Claire OSHA
Mel Lischefski, Area Director, Appleton OSHA
Terry Moen, Program Manager, On-Site Consultation
Bryan Roessler, Director, WCS
- Implementation Team Meetings
The implementation team met in September of 2008 to discuss and plan programmatic activities for the FY 2009.
Activities and Products
This evaluation covers OSHA's 2009 fiscal year, October 15, 2008 to November 10, 2009
Training and Education - Numerous training sessions were held for attendees of WCS training programs.
- Safe Electrical Work Practices (Pat Ostrenga) November 6, 2008, February 20, 2009, February 27, 2009, March 6, 2009 and March 19, 2009.
- Applying OSHA Recordkeeping (Leslie Ptak) December 9, 2008, January 29, 2009, February 5, 2009 and February 19, 2009
- Applying OSHA Recordkeeping (Kelly Bubolz) September 16, 2009
- Hex Chrome (George Gruetzmacher) January 28, 2009, March 17, 2009, July 16, 2009 and September 15, 2009.
- NFPA 70E Implementation Pre-Conference Professional Development Course (Pat Ostrenga) May 18, 2009
- OSHA Basics Pre-Conference Professional Development Course (George Gruezmacher) May 18, 2009
- (May 18, 2009) OSHA Combustible Dust NEP Half Day Session(Mary Bauer) October 16, 2008 and January 22, 2009
- OSHA Amputation NEP Half Day Session (Kelly Bubolz and Ron Mauermann) October 9, 2008 and December 12, 2008
- Preventing Workplace Violence (Frank Winingham ) September 17, 2009
- OSHA's Most Interesting Cases (Cindy Casalina, CSHO, Kelly Bubolz, CSHO, Jim Lutz, CAS)
- "Resources for Employers with Spanish Speaking Employees" (Leslie Ptak, CAS)
- "Intro to Nanotechnology" (George Gruetzmacher, Health Consultant)
- "PIV: Is Your Training Adequate" (Mary Bauer, CAS)
- "OSHA Update" (Wisconsin Area Directors)
- "What is VPP and its Benefits?" (Jim Taetsch and Ron Mauermann)
Conferences and Expositions
- Ergonomics (Dana Root) October 27, 2009
- Homeland Security and Preparedness (Leslie Ptak) October 7, 2009
- Food Processors Safety Conference (Leslie Ptak) February 24, 2009
- School Safety Conference (Leslie Ptak) March 3-4, 2009
- Wellness and Human Resources (Pat Ostrenga and Jim Lutz) August 4, 2009
- Safety and Health Congress May 18-20, 2009
- OSHA Basics (see above)
- OSHA Update (Kim Stille)
- Lockout Tagout and Machine Guarding (Ron Mauermann)
- Hexavalent Chrome (Ann Grevenkamp)
- Autumn Safety and Health Conference (Frank Winingham and Kelly Bubolz) September 15, 2009
- Autumn Safety and Health Conference (Kelly Bubolz) September 16, 2009
- Safe Work Practices/NFPA 70E (Pat Ostrenga and Leslie Ptak) September 29-30, 2009)
The WSC uses the OSHA offices as a resource to communicate answers to its membership via the WSC online newsletters.
- Compliance/Regulation questions and answers answered
- OSHA contributes to monthly Safety Zone newsletters
- OSHA contributes to course content of many WSC courses
- WSC Distributes OSHA's Construction and General Industry newsletters to its membership
- WSC Distributes Region V quarterly fatality reports to its membership
- WSC consults with OSHA in selecting and designing courses
- WSC consults with OSHA for the selection of its Hall of Fame, Leadership and Corporate Safety awards
- WSC and OSHA partner to promote OSHA's VPP and SHARP programs
WSC Committee Participation
- Member of WSC Advisory Board: George Gruezmacher
- Member of Congress Planning Committee George Gruezmacher and Terry Moen
- Member Occupational Safety Professional Subcommittee George Gruezmacher and Terry Moen
- Member American Industrial Hygiene Association Subcommittee George Gruezmacher and Terry Moen
- Member of Occupational Safety Professional Subcommittee: Leslie Ptak
- Presenter at WSC Board Meeting: Kim Stille
Leslie Ptak participated at no cost in a Susan Harwood grant, NSC program on safety and health management systems hosted by the WSC in September of 2009.
Complimentary Displays given to OSHA at any of WSC's eight conferences
Complimentary Displays given to Wisconsin Consultation at any of WSC's eight conferences
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
|Total number of conference and training session participants
|Total number of members who receive OSHA materials forwarded to them by WSC
|Total number of individuals on WSC mailing list who receive OSHA materials forwarded to them by WSC
Report Prepared by: Leslie Ptak, Compliance Assistance Specialist
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's website.