Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region V
August 28, 2005
Implementation Team Members
Develop training and education programs on health and safety issues to improve business awareness of OSHA regulations, safety and health management systems, and cooperative programs.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety and health courses for employees and supervisors working in the various areas covered by this alliance.
- Improve the safety and health performance of employers that receive outreach, training, or other assistance services (i.e., mentoring, on-site consultation, hazard identification).
Kimberly Stille, Area Director, Madison OSHA
George Yoksas, Area Director, Milwaukee OSHA
Mark Hysell, Area Director, Eau Claire OSHA
Mel Lischefski, Area Director, Appleton OSHA
Terry Moen, Program Manager, On-Site Consultation
John Chapin, Acting Director, On-Site Consultation
Bryan Roessler, Director, WCS
- Implementation Team Meetings
Implementation meetings were held on the following dates:
November 16, 2006
May 21, 2007
July 23, 2007
September 20, 2007
Activities and Products
This evaluation covers OSHA's 2007 fiscal year, October 1, 2006 to September 30, 2007.
- Training and Education - Numerous training sessions were held for attendees of WCS training programs.
- Three four-hour sessions on Part 1904, Recordkeeping, 3/5/07, 5/8/07 and 9/11/07 (Leslie Ptak, CAS)
- Three four-hour sessions on NFPA 70E on 2/9/07, 5/4/07, 8/23/07 (Patrick Ostrenga, CAS)
- One NFPA 70E class at the Annual NFPA 70E Implementation Conference/Expo on 9/27/07 (Patrick Ostrenga, CAS)
- One presentation at the Ergonomics Conference and Exposition on October 30, 2006 (Dana Root, REC)
- One presentation at the Healthcare Conference and Exposition on December 4, 2006 (Dana Root, REC)
- Co-hosted the Winter Safety and Health Conference and Exposition on January 1, 2007 (Mark Hysell, Area Director and Mary Bauer, CAS)
- One presentation each at the Annual Autumn Safety and Health Conference and Exposition on September 17, 2007 (Mel Lischefski, Area Director and Jim Taetsch, CAS)
- One presentation at the "Best Practices in Occupational Safety Conference and Exposition" on 11/13/06 (Kim Stille, Area Director).
- One presentation each at the Food Processors Safety Conference and Exposition on 2/20/2007 (Kim Stille, Area Director and Leslie Ptak, CAS)
- One professional development course on NFPA 70E on 5/14//07.
- Compliance staff contributed to a program at the WCS Congress and Exposition called OSHA's Most Interesting Cases on 5/15/07 (Allen Grisar, Jim Lutz, Mark Campominosi, Mike Wacker, Mark Knezovich and Jean Spilker)
- One session on "Incorporating Non-English Speakers into a Safety and Health Program" on 5/15/07, (Leslie Ptak, CAS)
- One session at the WCS Congress on "Basic IH Principles" on 5/16/07 (George Gruetzmacher, Health Consultant)
- One session at the WCS Congress on "Intro to Basic OSHA Requirements" on 5/16/07 (Kim Dietz, Eric hands, Jeanette Tierney, Richard Lentz, OSHA Onsite Consultants)
- Outreach and Communication
- OSHA staff manned booths at the following WCS events:
- Ergo Conference on 10/30/06 (Dana Root, REC)
- Healthcare Conference and Exposition on December 4, 2006 (Dana Root, REC)
- OSHA booth at WCS 2007 Congress and Exposition (Leslie Ptak, CAS, Jim Taetsch, CAS, Patrick Ostrenga, CAS and Mary Bauer, CAS)
- Food Processors Safety Conference and Exposition on 2/20/2007 (Leslie Ptak)
- Annual Autumn Safety and Health Conference and Exposition on 9/17/07 (Jim Taetsch)
*Kim Stille secured Mr. Edwin Foulke as the keynote speaker during the Safety & Health Congress, Wednesday, May 16
*Terry Moen & Robert Hager coordinated 2 breakout sessions during the Safety & Health Congress - "Benefits of VPP Company" and "Make a Sharp Decision", both held Tuesday, May 15.
George Gruetzmacher is a member of the WCS Advisory Board, Congress Planning Committee, Safety Professionals Subcommittee and WCS AIHA Subcommittee. Terry Moen acts as an alternate member in George's absence.
Leslie Ptak is a member of the WCS Safety Professionals Subcommittee.
Complimentary booth display given to OSHA or WI State Lab of Hygiene at any of our 14 conferences and expos.
A. Impact of the Alliance activities and products during the reporting period.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
|Part 1904 Training
|Ergo Conference booth
|2007 Congress and Expo
Report Prepared by: Leslie Ptak, Compliance Assistance Specialist
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's website.