Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region V
August 28, 2005
Implementation Team Members
Develop training and education programs on health and safety issues to improve business awareness of OSHA regulations, safety and health management systems, and cooperative programs.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety and health courses for employees and supervisors working in the various areas covered by this alliance.
- Improve the safety and health performance of employers that receive outreach, training, or other assistance services (i.e., mentoring, on-site consultation, hazard identification).
Kimberly Stille, Area Director, Madison OSHA
George Yoksas, Area Director, Milwaukee OSHA
Mark Hysell, Area Director, Eau Claire OSHA
Mel Lischefski, Area Director, Appleton OSHA
Terry Moen, Program Manager, On-Site Consultation
Barry Glashagel, Program Manager, On-Site Consultation
Bryan Roessler, Director, WCS
- Implementation Team Meetings
Two implementation meetings were held on August 28 and December 8, 2005 to set the course for the year and develop programs for the WCS Congress and Exposition.
Activities and Products
This evaluation covers the period of August 28, 2005 through August 28, 2006.
- Training and Education - Numerous training sessions were held for attendees of WCS training programs.
- Three four-hour sessions on Part 1904, Recordkeeping, 8/7/06, 9/12/06 and 4/24/06 (Leslie Ptak, CAS)
- Two four-hour sessions on school safety sessions, 12/7/06 and 12/13/06 (Leslie Ptak, CAS)
- One session on lockout/tagout on 4/25/06 (Dan Calverley, CSHO)
- One session on contractor safety on 9/18/06 (Leslie Ptak, CAS)
- Five four-hour sessions on NFPA 70E on 1/17, 1/26, 2/3, 3/6 and 6/13/06 (Patrick Ostrenga, CAS)
- One NFPA 70E class at the Annual NFPA 70E Implementation Conference/Expo on 9/28/06 (Patrick Ostrenga, CAS)
- One professional development course on NFPA 70E on 4/24/06.
- One breakout session on NFPA at the WSSCA Conference on 2/28/06 (Patrick Ostrenga, CAS)
- Numerous compliance staff contributed to a program at the WCS Congress and Exposition called OSHA's Most Interesting Cases
- One OSHA Update session on 4/24/06 (Mary Bauer, CAS)
- One professional development course on Introduction to Industrial Hygiene on 4/26/06 (George Gruetzmacher, Health Consultant)
- One session at the WCS Congress and Exposition on Safety in Focus/Panel of Experts on 4/25/06 (Patrick Ostrenga, CAS)
- One session at the WCS Congress and Exposition on OSHA Update on 4/26/06
- Two keynotes by Mel Lischefski: Annual Autumn S & H Conf/Expo on 9/25 and the Winter S & H Conf/Expo on 2/17/06
- All four Wisconsin area offices took a four-hour Accident Investigation class from a WCS presenter in September of 2005
- Outreach and Communication
- OSHA staff manned booths at the following WCS events:
- Ergo Conference on 10/19/06 (Dana Root, Regional Ergonomics Coordinator and Leslie Ptak, CAS)
- NFPA Conference on 9/28/06 (Kim Morton, CSHO and DeLayne Duke, CSHO)
- OSHA booth at WCS 2006 Congress and Exposition (Leslie Ptak, CAS, Jim Taetsch, CAS, Patrick Ostrenga, CAS and Mary Bauer, CAS)
- Bryan Roessler, WCS Director, contacted OSHA six times with workplace safety and health issues that his members needed clarified. The Madison OSHA office provided clarification
- WCS distributed to its members a flyer for an OSHA, Spanish language, 10-hour in general industry course that the Madison OSHA office was promoting
- The Madison OSHA Office needed a source of Spanish language OSHA standards and WCS was able to provide us with the information
- George Gruetzmacher is a member of the WCS Advisory Board, Congress Planning Committee, Safety Professionals Subcommittee and WCS AIHA Subcommittee.
- WCS Provides complimentary booth displays to OSHA at any one of our 14 conferences and expos.
A. Impact of the Alliance activities and products during the reporting period.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
|Part 1904 Training
|School Safety Training
|Ergo Conference booth
|2006 Congress and Expo
C. Other issues that had a bearing on the Alliance's implementation.
Nothing to report
Planning meeting for FY07 planned during the month of October
Report Prepared by: Leslie Ptak, Compliance Assistance Specialist
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's website.