<< Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region V
April 10, 2008
This Alliance was established to provide the Wisconsin Homebuilders Association
(WBA) members and others with information, guidance, and access to training
resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly
in reducing and preventing exposure to residential construction hazards and
addressing training issues.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Cindi Gruebling, WBA, Director of Safety and Education
- Megan Taylor, WBA, Foundation Manager (Replaced Cindi 6/09)
Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were held with Team Members:
Phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future
- April 10, 2008 to June 19, 2009
- Informational Sessions and Presentations:
- OSHA and WisCon presented an hour long "Residential Fall Protection"
session at the July Board meeting during the "Lunch & Learn" session.
- OSHA and WisCon had a booth at the Annual Conference.
- OSHA and WisCon presented a 3 Hour training session on "OSHA Basics".
- Information Distribution
- WBA's website includes a safety page with links to OSHA, WisCon and
- WBA had used OSHA's Press Release concerning "Youth in Construction" and
OSHA's Top Ten Citations in their newsletters.
- WBA receives the WI OSHA Construction Newsletter to forward to their
- Numerous PowerPoints, training information, sample programs, and
publications have been provided to WBA via paper and electronic format. Many
of these publications are in Spanish.
- OSHA reached out to Local Chapters meetings to increase safety awareness.
- WBA members more accepting of OSHA and WisCon do to the increased
involvement in various board meeting and convention events.
- WBA members earn Education Credits for attending many of the OSHA and/or
WisCon presentations and training sessions.
Type of Activity
(Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Individuals Reached or Trained
OSHA and WisCon presented at the July Board Meeting "Lunch & Learn" on
WisCon presented at Door County Local – "Focus Four"
WBA provided OSHA & WisCon a booth at annual Conference
OSHA & WisCon Presented a 3 Hour "OSHA Basics" at Chippewa Valley Homebuilders
Website Links to OSHA & WisCon on WBA Website
7500 members have access to website and newsletter
WBA Published OSHA's Youth in Construction Press Release & article on the Top
Ten Citations in Residential Fall in their newsletter
WBA Linked OSHA Publication Page
OSHA provided WBA Reps Numerous Publications/PPT
Report Prepared by:
Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
- Develop information or presentations for the remodelers for asbestos and
- Look into the aspects of hazards presented by "green construction".
- More involvement at the Local Chapter level in requesting OSHA and/or
WisCon presentations such as specific monthly topics or OSHA 10 hour.
- Members requesting the WisCon Consultation Services.
- Speaking Slots at the Annual Conference and Board Meetings.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at
202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's Website