<< Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region V
- Alliance Background
April 10, 2008
This Alliance was established to provide the Wisconsin Homebuilders Association
(WBA) members and others with information, guidance, and access to training
resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly
in reducing and preventing exposure to residential construction hazards and
addressing training issues.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Megan Taylor, WBA, Foundation Manager
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were held with Team Members:
Phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future
- June 20, 2010 to April 10, 2010
- Informational Sessions and Presentations:
- OSHA and WisCon discussed outreach opportunities at the July Board
- OSHA and WisCon had a booth at the Annual Conference.
- OSHA CAS attended lead training session for remodelers.
- OSHA CAS presented "Intro to OSHA" at the LaCrosse Homebuilders.
- Information Distribution
- WBA's website includes a safety page with links to OSHA, WisCon and
- WBA receives the WI OSHA Construction Newsletter to forward to their
- Numerous PowerPoints, training information, sample programs, and
publications have been provided to WBA via paper and electronic format. Many
of these publications are in Spanish.
- OSHA reached out to Local Chapters meetings to increase safety awareness.
- WBA members more accepting of OSHA and WisCon with increased involvement
in various board meeting and convention events.
- WBA members earn Education Credits for attending many of the OSHA and/or
WisCon presentations and training sessions.
- OSHA and WisCon provided information or presentations for the remodelers
for asbestos and lead awareness.
- OSHA, WisCon and WBA looked into the aspects of hazards presented by
- Local Chapters were more involvement by requesting OSHA and/or WisCon
presentations such as specific monthly topics or OSHA 10 hour.
- Members requesting the WisCon Consultation Services.
- OSHA and WisCon had speaking slots at the Board Meeting.
- OSHA and WisCon had a booth at the WBA Annual Statewide Convention.
Type of Activity
(Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
OSHA and WisCon presented at the July Board Meeting discussed Outreach
WBA provided OSHA & WisCon a booth at annual Conference
LaCrosse Homebuilders Presentation
Eau Claire CAS attended Lead Training for Remodelers
Website Links to OSHA & WisCon on WBA Website
7500 members have access
WBA Published OSHA's Youth in Construction Press Release & article on the Top
Ten Citations in Residential Fall in their newsletter
WBA Linked OSHA Publication Page
OSHA provided WBA Reps Numerous Publications/PPT
- Termination of Alliance
This Alliance was terminated by mutual agreement due to the difficulty of the
WBA to dedicate sufficient amount of time and resources to this project. The
economy hit the homebuilding industry and subsequently the WBA staff.
It was agreed that this Alliance was beneficial to all parties and could be
continued in the future if the situation changes.
Report Prepared by:
Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at
202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's