Renewed January 25, 2008; two year term
The Safety Council of Northwest Ohio Alliance utilizes collective expertise to
help foster a culture of prevention while sharing best practices and technical
knowledge. Goals of the Alliance include:
Training and Education
Outreach and Communication
- Develop training and education programs on injury/accident prevention;
implementation of safety and health management systems; incident/accident
investigation & analysis; safety, health & environmental
auditing/inspections/evaluations; job safety analysis; regulatory compliance
management; process safety management; safety performance management;
transportation safety management; safety and evacuation plans; hazard
recognition, evaluation, analysis & control; ergonomics; emergency
preparedness; first aid; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR); Automated
External Defibrillator (AED); workplace violence; avoidance and reduction of
traffic collisions; and safety/prevention issues targeted for employer and
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety awareness, prevention,
management, and compliance courses.
- Develop workplace safety and health curricula.
- Increase awareness of available OSHA and SCNWO resources.
Implementation Team Members.
- Develop and disseminate information at conferences, events, or through
print and electronic media, including links from OSHA’s and SCNWO’s Web sites.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Safety Council placed a direct link to OSHA’s website on their web page,
Safety Council of Northwest Ohio
Dennis McMickens, President & CEO
Robert Momany, Vice President of Programs & Services
Jule Hovi, Area Director
Charles Shelton, Compliance Assistance Specialist
Implementation Team Meetings
- January 25, 2008 Meeting to renew the Alliance
- March 4, 2008 Meeting, Safety Council Office, Northwood, OH
- October 7, 2008 Meeting, Safety Council Office, Northwood, OH
Activities and Products
December 28, 2007 – December 29, 2008
- Training and Education
- February 2008, the office staff spoke at the Construction Breakfast
hosted by the Safety Council for their construction members
- June 2008, AD spoke to the Safety Council’s Certified Occupational
Safety Specialist (COSS) Class
- November 2008, AD spoke to the Safety Council’s Certified Occupational
Safety Specialist (COSS) Class
- Outreach and Communication
- February 2008, AD gave the Annual OSHA Update presentation to members of
the Safety Council.
- Promoting the National Dialogue on Safety and Health
- April 2008, Safety Council hosted a VPP Breakfast for their membership,
to allow OSHA the opportunity to discuss the benefits of our VPP program and
to encourage participation
- July 2008, after the April VPP presentation, the Safety Council hosted a
VPP Application Workshop for their membership and the Toledo office provided
the training; with the April presentation and the July workshop, we hope to
generate more VPP participation
None to report.
- The OSHA/Safety Council of Northwest Ohio Alliance provided an opportunity
to increase the safety and health knowledge of safety council members in
Northwest Ohio. OSHA personnel provide current occupational safety and health
information to the Council who in turn distribute to their membership either via
email or newsletter venues.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution,
Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
Annual OSHA Update
- Open Communication continues between the Safety Council of Northwest Ohio
and the Toledo OSHA office.
- Upcoming Milestones
With the renewal of this Alliance, the Toledo office will continue to support
the Safety Council’s COSS class and their OSHA 30 hour classes, when requested.
The Area Director will continue to provide an annual OSHA Update to members of
the Safety Council, and will continue to sit on the Safety Council’s Board of
Directors. The Safety Council will continue to include safety and health
highlights and information in their monthly newsletter which goes out to 1,000+
members and will continue to distribute OSHA information via their membership
email distribution list.
Report Prepared by: Jule Hovi
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at
202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.