|<<Back to Region V
- Alliance Background
June 19, 2012
The alliance was developed to provide Polish contractors, builders and others in construction with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect the health and safety of workers, particularly by reducing and preventing exposure to safety and health hazards in construction, and understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). In particular, the Alliance focuses on, but not limited to, efforts to reach Polish speaking members of the PACBA through outreach on safety and health issues.
Implementation Team Members.
Piotr Wyszkowski - President, PACBA.
Mark Grzymala, Vice-President, PACBA.
Adam J. Grabowski, Director of Education, PACBA.
Emil Szotko, Compliance Officer, OSHA.
Peter Kleczynski, Compliance Office, OSHA.
Sukhvir Kaur, Compliance Assistance Specialist, OSHA.
- Implementation Team Meetings
August 9, 2012 - Meeting conducted at OSHA office in Des Plaines, IL.
October 11, 2012 - Meeting conducted at OSHA office in Des Plaines, IL.
April 11, 2012- Meeting conducted at OSHA office in Des Plaines, IL.
June 17, 2013- Meeting conducted at OSHA office in Des Plaines, IL.
- Activities and Products
This report covers the time period of June 19, 2012 to June 19, 2013.
Alliance Activity and Products.
- Training and Education
- September 20, 2012 - OSHA Inspection Process
- November 15, 2012 - Scaffolding
- January 10, 2013 - Trenching and Excavation Safety
- March 7, 2013- Fall Protection
- May 23, 2013 - Health Hazards in Construction
- Outreach and Communication
- OSHA table at the Polish festival- September 1, 2012.
- During the meetings, information is provided on ongoing OSHA campaigns such as fall in construction and heat related illnesses.
- PACBA has assisted in proof reading OSHA publications in Polish to check for accuracy.
- Promoting the National Dialogue on Safety and Health
- PACBA members know OSHA is available to them to answer questions. Members call the Area Office requesting information and
The Alliance provides valuable technical information to the contractors:
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
|Polish Festival- OSHA table
|OSHA Inspection Process
|Trenching and Excavation
|Health Hazards in Construction
- Upcoming Milestones
The implementation team members and general members of the organization find the alliance a very useful tool in protecting the safety and health of contractors and their employees. It provides a forum for contractors to ask questions and get an understanding of OSHA requirements as well as their responsibilities under the OSH Act.
The following topics are planned for the second year of the Alliance agreement:
Report Prepared by: Sukhvir Kaur.
- Electrical Hazards and Hazard Communication.
- Fall Protection.
- OSHA Inspection Process and Respiratory Protection
- Heat related Illnesses
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.