Back to Region V
- Alliance Background
October 4, 2006
November 16, 2009
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Jon Leenhouts, CVTC, Occupational Safety and Health Instructor
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meeting(s) were held with Team Members:
Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
• November 15, 2011 to November 15, 2012
- OSHA presented for regularly scheduled CVTC courses:
- Supervisor Risk Management Course
- Occupational Relations
- Wood Technics in River Falls and Eau Claire
- CVTC is beginning programs and projects to provide safety training for farmers and farm workers, including Hispanic workers.
- CVTC and OSHA coordinate and participate in local organizations and groups.
- WWSC (Western Wisconsin Safety Council)
- OSHA used CVTC’s facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA participated in the CVTC sponsored courses such as OSHA 10 and 30 hour courses without managing the logistics.
- OSHA and CVTC have developed a broader network for future projects.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training,
Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
|Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
|OSHA: Attended Power Line Worker Seminars and Advisory Board.
|OSHA Presented Seminar on Accident Investigation
|OSHA Presented to Occupational Relations Classes
|OSHA presented at Supervisor Management Class (HR)
|CVTC hosted and presented on MSHA safety for the Western Wisconsin Safety Council
|OSHA presented “Farm Safety” for tech school instructors and at various agricultural classes. (6)
|OSHA Presented at Woodtechnics (Residental Construction) Classes (River Falls + EC Campuses)
- Upcoming Milestones
Report Prepared by:
- CVTC-OSHA will renew this alliance for another three years.
- CVTC –OSHA may host a SAFETY DAY. Discussed adding public sector safety and involving the public safety instructor. Discussed including Workplace Violence for Human Resource personnel.
Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.