ANNUAL REGIONAL ALLIANCE REPORT
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC)
Eau Claire, WI
November 14, 2014
October 4, 2006
November 16, 2009
November 15, 2012
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Jon Leenhouts, CVTC, Business & Industry Safety Trainer/Consultant
- Matt Lind, CVTC, Business & Industry Safety Trainer/Consultant
- Jessica Janssen, CVTC, Business and Industry Seminar and Continuing Education Specialist
Implementation Team Meetings
Meeting(s) were held with Team Members:
Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
- November 15, 2013 to November 15, 2014
- OSHA presented for regularly scheduled CVTC courses:
- Supervisor Risk Management Course
- Occupational Relations
- Residential Construction
- Electrical Distribution
- CVTC and OSHA coordinate and participate in local organizations and groups.
- WWSC (Western Wisconsin Safety Council)
- Local Sand Plant EHS group
- Western Dairyland Women in Business Conference
- OSHA used CVTC’s facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA participated in the CVTC sponsored courses such as OSHA 10 and 30 hour courses without managing the logistics.
- OSHA and CVTC have developed a broader network for future projects.
- CVTC added a second Occupational Safety and Health Instructor to the staff.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
CVTC/WWSC/Rockford Machine Guarding Jan. 9, 2014
OSHA 10 Hour - Feb. 6, 2014 - Assisted in Training
OSHA 30 Hour - Feb. 26, 2014 - Assisted in Training
OSHA 10 Hour - April 10, 2014 - Assisted in Training
Electrical Distribution Advisory Committee - April 21, 2014
Hot Line School - Field Stations - April 22-23, 2014
Occupational Relations Class- OSHA Basics -April 30, 2014
OSHA 10 Hour - May 1, 2014 - Assisted in Training
OSHA 10 Hour - May 5, 2014 - Assisted in Training- Elect
Emergency Services: Coordinate CSHO Training-June 6
Electrical Distribution Supervisor Conference-Presentation
Human Resource Class - Sept. 12, 2014 - OSHA Basics
Residential Construction Class - Oct. 8, 2014 OSHA Basics
CVTC/OSHA Safety Day- Oct. 9, 2014
CVTC Business and Industry Advisory Board -Oct. 9, 2014
- CVTC - OSHA will host a SAFETY DAY for Fall 2015. Safety Day 2014 had a higher attendance than 2013 and offered more sessions.
- OSHA will work with CVTC’s Emergency Services for some specialized training such as fire, hazmat, and confined space.
- Re-establish outreach for in the Farm Management Program to reach the Agricultural sector and vulnerable workers.
- CVTC established an advisory board for the Business and Industry group which includes the safety training instructors.
Report Prepared by:
Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.