- Alliance Background
October 4, 2006
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to
support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance
targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with
information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will
help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Steven Senor, CVTC, Occupational Safety and Health Instructor
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were held with Team Members:
Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss
- Activities and Products
- November 9, 2007 to November 9, 2008
- CVTC instructional staff tailored a four hour “Introduction to
Nanotechnology” training course for OSHA and WisCon personnel.
- CVTC and OSHA presented jointly on several occasions
- Eau Claire – American Red Cross
- Eau Claire - Wisconsin Safety Council’s Winter Expo
- Eau Claire – Combustible Dust Seminar
- OSHA presented at CVTC sponsored training sessions such as OSHA 10 and 30
hour courses, Youth Academy, Wisconsin Tech School Risk Managers and the Line
- OSHA presented for regularly scheduled CVTC courses:
- Supervisor Risk Management Course
- Woodtechnics in River Falls and Eau Claire
- CVTC and OSHA coordinate and participate in local organizations and
- Dunn County LEP (Local Emergency Planning)
- American Red Cross
- WSC (Wisconsin Safety Council)
- OSHA used CVTC’s facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA personnel received an excellent training opportunity at no cost.
- OSHA participated in the CVTC sponsored courses such as OSHA 10 and 30 hour
courses without managing the logistics.
- OSHA and CVTC have developed a broader network for future projects
Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Reached or Trained
Nanotechnology- Presented by CVTC Staff to OSHA
|Intro to OSHA
– American Red Cross + CVTC
|PIV + OSHA
Update: WSC Winter Expo-OSHA + CVTC
Dust: WSC, CVTC, and OSHA
|OSHA 10 Hr –
Intro to OSHA Presentation
|OSHA 30 Hr –
OSHA Presented “Intro to OSHA”
– OSHA Presented “youth safety”
School Risk Mgrs-OSHA-Welding Safety
Underground – Spring Session-Attended
Supervisor Risk Management: OSHA presented
Construction–Youth Constr Presentation
LEP: Joint Participation
Rescue/Aerial Lift course planning
- As a result of the “Nanotechnology” training session held in January,
- OSHA and WisCon will work with the Nanotechnology program as they do
with the UW- Madison Nanotechnology group to develop more networking
between the groups.
- The materials presented at this session could be developed into an
Alliance Product to be shared.
- OSHA will work more closely with the CVTC staff members to implement
safe work practices into the curriculum for areas such as residential
construction and health care services.
- OSHA and CVTC will develop a day-long Fall Rescue Course – Aerial Lift
- CVTC will provide OSHA assistance in Powered Industrial Vehicle / Dock
Safety through the driving school.
Report Prepared by: Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance