AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
CLEVELAND AREA OFFICE
THE CONSTRUCTION SAFETY COUNCIL OF NORTHEAST OHIO
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Construction Safety Council of Northeast Ohio recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and The Construction Safety Council of Northeast Ohio (CSCNEO) hereby form an Alliance to provide CSCNEO members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to construction jobsite hazards and addressing safety and health management systems. In developing this Alliance, OSHA and CSCNEO recognize that OSHA's Consultation partners are an integral part of the OSHA national effort.
OSHA and CSCNEO will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of monthly safety and health presentations.
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise to develop and communicate workplace safety and health management system components.
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's and CSCNEO's web sites) to employers and employees in the industry.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or CSCNEO's conferences, local meetings, or other sponsored events.
- Share information among OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals regarding construction industry best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by CSCNEO and OSHA.
- Promote and encourage CSCNEO members' or worksites' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects in the construction industry that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
- Encourage CSCNEO members to build relationships with OSHA's Regional and Area Offices to address health and safety issues, including safety and health management systems.
OSHA and CSCNEO will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health whenever CSCNEO leaders address groups.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on construction industry issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.
OSHA's Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, OSHA is not endorsing any of that party's products or services; nor does the Agency enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party's products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance. OSHA will encourage Ohio Onsite Consultation's participation on the team.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Any signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of all signatories.
Agreed this day, June ____ , 2007.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Stephen M. Kinn
Construction Safety Council of Northeast Ohio
Ohio On-site Consultation Program