AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
COLUMBUS AREA OFFICE
THE CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Columbus Area Office, and the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American work environment in the residential construction industry. OSHA and the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE hereby form an Alliance to provide home builders and others within the residential construction and homebuilding industry information, guidance, and access to training resources in both English and Spanish that will help control hazards related to falls, struck-by injuries, crushing injuries, electrical and other hazards in the workplace. In developing this Alliance, OSHA and the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE recognize that OSHA's State Plan and Consultation Project partners are an integral part of the OSHA national effort.
OSHA and the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Develop and provide training materials and education programs in both English and Spanish for CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE participants to improve safety at worksites to provide expertise in communicating such information to the participants.
- Develop and provide training materials and education programs in both English and Spanish for CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE participants to prevent hazards related to falls, struck-by injuries, crushing injuries, electrical and other hazards.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety and health training sessions at CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE training sessions.
OSHA and the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Provide expertise to assist in the development of information for the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and develop innovative ways of communicating information through print, electronic media, and electronic assistance tools to employers and employees, including those whose primary language is Spanish.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at the training sessions, regional meetings or other events.
- Share information among OSHA and the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE members regarding safe work practices.
- Publicize and share outreach materials, training programs, and other materials at workshops, seminars, lectures or other applicable forums.
- Promote and encourage participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and its Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
- Work with CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE participants on specific issues and projects for safety and health program improvements.
- Encourage the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE participants to build relationships with OSHA's Regional and Area Offices, State Plan States, and Consultation Projects to address health and safety issues.
OSHA and the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to residential construction safety and health whenever the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE s leaders address groups.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on health and safety issues to help forge innovative solutions to safety concerns in residential construction.
The Alliance provides parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. The Alliance will be a valuable tool for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance, neither the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE nor OSHA endorses any of that party's products or services; nor does either party enter into this Alliance with the purpose of promoting the other party's products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Any parties of the CENTRAL OHIO HOMEBUILDERS SAFETY ALLIANCE may withdraw from the agreement for any reason at any time provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of all parties.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Columbus Area Office
Head of Construction
Bob Webb Homes
Vice President of Construction
Romanelli & Hughes Building Company
Vice President, Construction
Westport Homes of Ohio