ANNUAL BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION TRADES
COUNCIL OF SOUTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN -
OSHA ALLIANCE REPORT
November 8, 2007
- Alliance Background
July 18, 2006
OSHA and BCTC formed an Alliance to provide Building and Construction Trade Council members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing hazards, such as but not limited to falls and electrical, in the construction industry.
Implementation Team Members
- Scott Vaughn
- Executive Director of the Building and Construction Trades of South Central Wisconsin
- Leslie Ptak
- Compliance Assistance Specialist, Madison OSHA Office
- Implementation Team Meetings
Monthly working group meetings were held on these dates: 7/18/06, 9/19/06, 10/17/06, 11/21/06, 12/19/06, 2/20/07, 4/17/07, 7/17/07, 8/21/07, and 9/18/07.
Construction Workforce Diversity Meetings were attended on these dates: 3/17/06, 9/29/06, and 9/21/07.
- Activities and Products
July 17, 2006 through September 30, 2007
Training and Education
- The Madison OSHA office made arrangements for a Construction Industry Institute Zero Injury training session on 11/16/2006.
- The Madison CAS presented to the IBEW 159 in their OSHA 10-hour courses on these dates: 9/24/07, 3/29/07, 11/27/06. 12/14/06 and 4/9/07.
- The Madison CAS and a Compliance Officer spoke presented on OSHA rights and the Construction Focus Four hazards on these dates: 1/29/07, 2/5/07, 3/26/07, 5/15/06, 6/8/07, 9/10/07 and 10/29/07.
- The Madison CAS is assisting the Madison Area Technical College on an English Language Learners grant that is supported by the Building and Construction Trades.
- The Madison CAS met with the training officer for the Bricklayers union out of La Crosse (8/8/2006). She presented to bricklayers union apprentices on All About OSHA on these dates: 4/19/06, 4/20/06 and 4/29/06.
- The Madison CAS spoke at the regular meeting of the Building and Construction Trades Tri-Council meeting (3/15/06).
- The Madison CAS spoke to the Operating Engineers at their OSHA 10-hour classes on two occasions (1/23/07 and 2/26/07).
Outreach and Communication
- The Madison CAS manned exhibit booths at these union events:
- Birthday celebration of Cesar Chavez (3/31/07)
- Biennial Apprenticeship Conference (2/12 to 13/07)
- AFL-CIO booth at their biennial convention (9/25 to 27/06)
- The Executive Director of the Building and Construction Trades made arrangements for the Madison CAS to speak at a Construction Labor Management Council on safety and health in the workplace (6/5/06)
- No products have been produced as a result of this alliance.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)||Number of Individuals Reached or Trained|
|CII Zero Injury Training Conference||50|
|IBEW 10 hours||100|
|English Language Learners (still in development)||Potentially > 1000|
|Bricklayer OSHA 10-hours||60|
|Tri Council Meeting||35|
|Operating Engineers OSHA 10-hours||50|
|Cesar Chavez celebration||50|
|Biennial Apprenticeship Conference||500|
|Construction Labor Management Council||10|
Report Prepared by: Leslie Ptak, Compliance Assistance Specialist, Madison OSHA Office
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's Website.Back to Top