ANNUAL REGIONAL ALLIANCE REPORT
American Warehouse System (AW Systems)
June 10, 2010
- Alliance Background
February 23, 2009
This Alliance was established to develop and distribute safety and health training materials for warehousing to enable employers and employees to implement and follow best practice standards and guidelines. OSHA and American Warehouse Systems will promote these materials at conferences, meetings, seminars and other local events as well as through their individual Web sites and other media.
Implementation Team Members
- Mary Bauer
- Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Kari Heid
- American Warehousing System, Sales Representative
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were held with Team Members:
Phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
February 23, 2009 to June 10, 2010
Informational Sessions and Presentations:
- OSHA and AW Systems co-presented at the Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC) Safety Day for Warehousing and Pallet Racking.
- OSHA and AW Systems co-presented at the Wisconsin Safety Council's Professional Development seminar on Warehousing and Pallet Racking.
- AW Systems distributed a Sample Dock Safety Program to their clients.
- AW-Systems has Twitter™ and LinkedIn™ accounts that incorporates warehouse safety and health topics.
- AW-Systems provided OSHA information and presentations on pallet racking safety.
- AW Systems promoted the Warehouse Webinar sponsored by OSHA and ASA in August, 2009.
- Numerous PowerPoints, training information, sample programs, and publications have been provided to AW Systems via paper and electronic format. Many of these publications are in Spanish.
NIOSH - TWU:
- CAS participated in NIOSH's Transportation, Warehousing and Utilities meeting in Washington D.C. in August, 2009. This was a result of the Press Release of the Alliance.
- Training materials for vary specific warehouse topic such as pallet racking inspections has been developed, presented and distributed.
- Overall warehouse safety is promoted via newer electronic means such as Twitter™ and LinkedIn™.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.) Number of Individuals Reached or Trained WITC Safety Day: Warehouse & Pallet Racking 45 WSC Warehouse Professional Development-Warehousing 25 NIOSH-TWU Semi-Annual Meeting 45 Electronic Outreach ?? TOTAL 115
- Upcoming Milestones
- Co-Present at the April, 2011 WITC Safety Day for Warehousing.
- Expand on specific topics within the Warehouse that AW Systems could develop training material for.
- Integrate more safety information on the AW Systems website.
- AW Systems become a corresponding member of the NIOSH- TWU committee.
Report Prepared by: Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's Website.