Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region V
- Alliance Background
February 23, 2009
This Alliance was established to develop and distribute safety and health
training materials for warehousing to enable employers and employees to
implement and follow best practice standards and guidelines. OSHA and American
Warehouse Systems will promote these materials at conferences, meetings,
seminars and other local events as well as through their individual Web sites
and other media.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Kari Heid, American Warehousing System, Sales Representative
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were held with Team Members:
Phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future
- February 23, 2009 to June 10, 2010
- Informational Sessions and Presentations:
- OSHA and AW Systems co-presented at the Wisconsin Indianhead Technical
College (WITC) Safety Day for Warehousing and Pallet Racking.
- OSHA and AW Systems co-presented at the Wisconsin Safety Council’s
Professional Development seminar on Warehousing and Pallet Racking.
- AW Systems distributed a Sample Dock Safety Program to their clients.
- Information Distribution
- AW-Systems has Twitter™ and Linked In™ accounts that incorporates
warehouse safety and health topics.
- AW-Systems provided OSHA information and presentations on pallet racking
- AW Systems promoted the Warehouse Webinar sponsored by OSHA and ASA in
- Numerous PowerPoints, training information, sample programs, and
publications have been provided to AW Systems via paper and electronic
format. Many of these publications are in Spanish.
- NIOSH – TWU:
- CAS participated in NIOSH’s Transportation, Warehousing and Utilities
meeting in Washington D.C. in August, 2009. This was a result of the Press
Release of the Alliance.
- Training materials for vary specific warehouse topic such as pallet
racking inspections has been developed, presented and distributed.
- Overall warehouse safety is promoted via newer electronic means such as
Twitter™ and Linked In™.
|Type of Activity (Conference,
Training, Print and
Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals
WITC Safety Day: Warehouse & Pallet Racking
WSC Warehouse Professional Development-Warehousing
NIOSH-TWU Semi-Annual Meeting
Report Prepared by: Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance
- Co-Present at the April, 2011 WITC Safety Day for Warehousing.
- Expand on specific topics within the Warehouse that AW Systems could
develop training material for.
- Integrate more safety information on the AW Systems website.
- AW Systems become a corresponding member of the NIOSH- TWU committee.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at
202-693-2340 or go to