1. Project: Wiregrass Alliance with Small Business Development Centers - Signed January 21, 2003
Overview: On January 21st, 2003, this alliance was formed between the participating agencies and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) with the purpose of promoting safe and healthful working conditions for small business employers and employees in the Wiregrass Area.
Implementation Team Membership: OSHA, Dothan Area Chamber of Commerce, Troy State University Small Business Development Center, Houston County Emergency Management, and Wiregrass Chapter of the American
Milestones Met in FY 2004
- Alliance members developed a small business "Tool Kit" and distributed to over 200 small businesses in the wiregrass area.
- Members developed a "flyer" for distribution on training given and compliance staff was provided copies. Also a flyer was made available on the OSHA Alliance Page.
- The alliance has provided training on "Youth Workers" child labor laws, recordkeeping, and the OSHA 10 Hour general course (at no cost to the owner) (115 small business representatives)
Upcoming Milestones in FY 2005
- Alliance members to provide OSHA 10 Hour General Industry training to small business at the local college
- Alliance to participate in the Annual "Safety Day" in the Wiregrass Area FY 2005