The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Wiregrass Safety
Alliance recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful
American workplaces. OSHA and the Wiregrass Safety Alliance therefore agree to form an alliance to use their
collective expertise to help foster a culture of prevention while sharing best practices and technical knowledge.
The Wiregrass Safety Alliance consists of the following organizations that serve the Wiregrass area:
- The Dothan Chamber of Commerce
- The Small Business Development Center at Troy State University
- The Wiregrass Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
- The Dothan/ Houston County Emergency Management Agency
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Wiregrass Safety Alliance agree to establish an alliance to promote safe and healthful working conditions for small business employers and their employees in the Wiregrass area of Alabama, Georgia and Florida by:
- Providing small businesses with information and guidance that will help them protect employees’ health and safety and assist them in reducing to safety hazards.
- Increasing access to safety and health information and training resources
OSHA and the Wiregrass Safety Alliance will also work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Providing opportunities for training and education by providing Safety and Health topics at existing small business conferences or functions
- Providing various seminars or conferences focusing on Safety and Health for small businesses
OSHA and the Wiregrass Safety Alliance will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Establishing a framework to provide Safety and Health outreach services to small business
- Serving as mentors and advisors to small business on various Safety and Health topics, questions or issues
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet on a regular schedule to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the alliance. OSHA will afford the opportunity for representatives of the Occupational Safety and Health State Plan Association and the association of state Consultation Projects to participate as well.
This agreement will remain in effect for one year from the date of signing and will automatically be renewed annually thereafter. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of both signatories and may be terminated for any reason with thirty (30) days written notice from either signatory.
Signed the 21st day of January 2003:
Dothan Chamber of Commerce
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
ASSE Wiregrass Chapter
TSU Small Business Development Center
Dothan/ Houston County Emergency Management Agency