|<<Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region IV
- Alliance Background
Signed January 14, 2008
Overview: Alliance focused on establishing a collaborative relationship between the OSHA Jackson Area Office and the Pearl River Community College (PRCC), which will reduce and prevent youth worker’s exposure to hazards in the construction and electric power transmission and distribution industries.
Implementation Team Membership:
Representatives from OSHA and PRCC
Contributors: Same as above.
Evaluation Period: April 3, 2010, through March 30, 2011
- Implementation Team Meetings:
Representatives from OSHA and the PRCC conducted implementation meetings on the following dates: May 27, 2010; and November 16, 2010. The first quarterly meeting for calendar year 2011 was re-scheduled due to a scheduling conflict.
- Events and Products:
Training and Education
- During this period, the PRCC constructed a new facility in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, which will begin hosting courses in 2012. This new facility will expand the educational offerings of the PRCC and the outreach capabilities of the Alliance group.
Outreach and Communication
- During this period, the Alliance group participated in the 2011 Arboriculture Seminar, which is conducted annually by the PRCC.
- During this period, the Alliance group supported the High School Utility Lineman Field Day, which was coordinated by the PRCC. This event was attended by approximately 70 junior and senior students, as well as 18 advisors. The event featured demonstrations of pole climbing, use of heavy equipment by linemen, and bucket truck operation, as well as the distribution of information focused on lineman safety. The participants represented 10 Career-Technical and vocational centers from throughout central Mississippi.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health FY 2011
Refer to the events above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2012
Report Prepared by: Courtney Bohannon
- The Alliance group is planning to renew the Alliance agreement.
- The Alliance group is planning to participate in the 2012 Arboriculture Seminar.
- The Alliance group is planning to support the 2012 High School Utility Lineman Field Day to be scheduled.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at
202-693-2340 or go to