|<< Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region IV
- Alliance Background
Signed January 14, 2008
Overview: Alliance focused on establishing a collaborative relationship
between OSHA and Pearl River Community College (PRCC), which will reduce and
prevent youth worker’s exposure to hazards in the construction and electric
power transmission and distribution industries.
Implementation Team Membership:
Representatives from OSHA and PRCC
Contributors: Same as above.
Evaluation Period: March 21, 2009, through April 2, 2010
- Implementation Team Meetings:
Representatives from OSHA and PRCC conducted effective meetings on – April 16,
2009; July 17, 2009; Feb 10, 2010
- Events and Products:
Training and Education
- On April 1, 2010, a Lineman Presentation focused on safety and health was
provided to students.
- During this period, the Hattiesburg, MS, site donated to expand the
Utility Lineman Technology Program was cleared and prepared. The Alliance
group is planning to support the classes at Hattiesburg location.
Outreach and Communication
- The Alliance group participated in the 2010 Arboriculture Seminar
conducted by the Pearl River Community College.
- The Alliance group supported the 2010 High school - Utility Lineman Field
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health FY 2009
Refer to the events above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2011
Report Prepared by: Courtney Bohannon
- The Alliance group is planning to participate in the 2011 Arboriculture
Seminar and the 2011 High School Utility Lineman Field Day
- The Pearl River Community College is planning to expand the program by
hiring an additional instructor and securing additional co-op positions for
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at
202-693-2340 or go to