U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Jackson Area Office
3780 I-55 North, Suite 210
Jackson, MS 39211-6323
(601) 965-4606; Fax (601) 965-4610
Pearl River Community College (PRCC) Alliance Annual Report
June 2, 2010
- Alliance Background
Signed January 14, 2008
Alliance focused on establishing a collaborative relationship between OSHA and Pearl River Community College (PRCC), which will reduce and prevent youth worker's exposure to hazards in the construction and electric power transmission and distribution industries.
Implementation Team Membership
Representatives from OSHA and PRCC
Same as above.
March 21, 2009, through April 2, 2010
- Implementation Team Meetings
Representatives from OSHA and PRCC conducted effective meetings on - April 16, 2009; July 17, 2009; Feb 10, 2010
- Events and Products
Training and Education
- On April 1, 2010, a Lineman Presentation focused on safety and health was provided to students.
- During this period, the Hattiesburg, MS, site donated to expand the Utility Lineman Technology Program was cleared and prepared. The Alliance group is planning to support the classes at Hattiesburg location.
Outreach and Communication
- The Alliance group participated in the 2010 Arboriculture Seminar conducted by the Pearl River Community College.
- The Alliance group supported the 2010 High school - Utility Lineman Field Day.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health FY 2009
Refer to the events above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2011
- The Alliance group is planning to participate in the 2011 Arboriculture Seminar and the 2011 High School Utility Lineman Field Day
- The Pearl River Community College is planning to expand the program by hiring an additional instructor and securing additional co-op positions for students.
Report Prepared by: Courtney Bohannon
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's webpage.Back to Top