|<< Back to Region IV
I. Alliance Background:
Originally signed on June 26, 2003
Renewed on July 14, 2005
OSHA and the Northeast Florida Safety Council (NEFSC) formed the NEFSC Alliance to provide the
Northeast Florida Safety Council members and others with information, guidance, and access to
training resources that will help them protect employees’ health and safety. This Alliance will also
serve to educate Florida employers about the value-added to business by voluntarily implementing an
effective safety and health management system.
Implementation Team Members
The implementation team consisted of representatives from the Northeast Florida Safety and Health
Council and the OSHA Area Office in Jacksonville, Florida.
Same as above
This NEFSC Alliance milestone report covers the period June 26, 2006 through June 25, 2007.
II. Implementation Team Meetings
- October 23, 2006
- January 17, 2007
- February 21, 2007
- April 24, 2007
III. Events and Products
Training and Education
- The Safety Council trained 282 supervisors on Work Zone Safety through training programs that
- Recordkeeping and Safety and Health Program training was given on the following dates:
- November 7, 2006
- May 24, 2007
- The Northeast Florida Safety Council held 34 NCCER (National Center for Construction Education
Research) classes titled, “Construction Site Safety Orientation”, for 1292 students. Work Zone
Safety hazard awareness is part of the training.
- The Northeast Florida Safety Council also trained 56 employees in the OSHA 10-Hour Construction
Safety training course which includes Work Zone Safety hazard awareness.
Outreach and Communications
- Published an article titled, “Work Zone Safety” in the July 2006 Council newsletter.
- Published on the following dates, the “Penalty Box” section of the Council newsletter that
contains recent violations and penalties that were issued by the Jacksonville OSHA office:
- July 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- February 2007
- June 2007
- Published an article titled, “Safety Plan Management Guidelines” in the November 2006 Council
- The Northeast Florida Safety Council attended the SHADCO Safety Fair on August 12, 2006. The
Northeast Florida Safety Council staffed a booth and provided information on their programs and
discussed Work Zone Safety and OSHA’s Alliance. The 35 attendees to the DOT training focused on
how to prepare for a DOT compliance review.
- No products were made during this evaluation period.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and
Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
|Work Zone Safety for Supervisors
|Recordkeeping and Safety and Health Program Training
|54 NCCER (National Center for Construction Education
Research) classes (including Work Zone Safety hazard awareness)
|OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety training course
(including Work Zone Safety hazard awareness)
|Supervisor Leadership Development Course
(Safety Leadership course developed by JEA)
|Northeast Florida Safety Council participation in the
SHADCO Safety Fair participation
||1,994 - Individuals Reached or Trained
V. Upcoming Milestones
- The Northeast Florida Safety Council and OSHA are looking into ways to continue to expand upon
the message of fleet safety.
- The Jacksonville OSHA office will be helping the Northeast Florida Safety Council by submitting
safety-related articles and OSHA news for their newsletters. The main focus of these articles
would be awareness for employees to wear their seatbelts when driving for their employers.
- The Jacksonville OSHA office will continue to provide to the Council on a monthly basis copies
of citations that were issued to employers with worksites in the Council’s coverage area. This
information will eventually be published in their newsletter in the “Penalty Box” section.