|<< Back to Region IV
The annual status report for the Northeast Florida Safety and Health Council Alliance initiated by the OSHA Area Office in Jacksonville,
Florida, was completed on July 9, 2004. The milestones and accomplishments achieved through this Alliance are listed below:
Milestones met from June 26, 2003 through June 25, 2004.
Northeast Florida Safety Council Alliance was signed on June 26, 2003.
Working together to achieve training and education goals:
- The Safety Council trained 89 supervisors on Work Zone Safety through training programs that they developed.
- Training was given on Safety & Health Programs on October 16, 2003 during a 2-hour Construction Hazard Awareness training session.
- Recordkeeping and Safety and Health Program training were given on the following dates:
- November 13, 2003
- February 20, 2004
- March 19, 2004
- March 24, 2004
- May 21, 2004
Working together to achieve outreach and communication goals:
- Jointly discussed the Alliance and the importance of cooperative programs during a congratulatory speech with Labor Ready during their
regional safety meeting.
- Jointly discussed the Alliance and the importance of the Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) at the Institute for Occupational Safety and
Health Task Force meeting on August 13, 2003.
- Published information on the Alliance in the September 2003 Council newsletter.
- Published Struck-by Article in the March 2004 Council newsletter.
- Published fatality statistics as well as information on cooperative programs (including VPP) in the February 2004 Council newsletter.
- Published information on the Alliance in the October 2003 OSHA Region IV e-newsletter.
- Published on the following dates, the "Penalty Box" section of the Council newsletter that contains recent violations and penalties that
were issued by the Jacksonville OSHA office:
- July 2003
- August 2003
- October 2003
- November 2003
- December 2003
- February 2004
- March 2004
- April 2004
- May 2004
- June 2004
- The Northeast Florida Safety Council permitted the Jacksonville Area Office to use their facilities to do Quality Enforcement in Region
IV (QEIV) training for its staff on October 27, 2003.
- The Northeast Florida Safety Council permitted OSHA compliance officers to attend the 16-hour Maintenance of Traffic training course
which dealt with work zone safety.
- Quarterly meetings were held on September 22, 2003, November13, 2003, January 22, 2004, and May 12, 2004.
- Participation in new member breakfast meetings to promote safety and health programs and VPP.
- The Northeast Florida Safety Council will be distributing the new OSHA Region IV "Toolbox Reviews" pamphlets when they are published.
- Joseph R. Roesler, Compliance Assistance Specialist
1851 Executive Center Drive, Suite 227
Jacksonville, Fl 32207
(904) 232-2895; Fax (904) 232-1294