|<< Back to Region IV
- Alliance Background
September 26, 2003; Renewed December 20, 2006; and Renewed July 1, 2011
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Southeastern Line Constructors Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association (SLCC/NECA), the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) 5th and tenth districts, and the Southeastern Line Constructors Apprenticeship and Training (SELCAT) work cooperatively to provide workers and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to electrical transmission and distribution equipment hazards.
- Implementation Team Membership and Contributors:
Representatives from OSHA, SLCC/NECA, IBEW, and SELCAT conducted effective meetings on the following dates: March 14, 2012; August 15, 2012; and November 7, 2012 (cancelled).
March 1, 2012, through March 1, 2013
- Events and Products
Training and Education
- SELCAT continued its efforts to provide workers with effective training and education programs focusing on electrical utility industry issues, as well as safety and health.
Course topics included the following:
- OSHA 10-hour training course
- First-Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation(CPR)
- Pole Top and Bucket Truck Rescue
- Transformer Safety Courses 1 & 2
Outreach and Communication
- During this period, the wallet card developed by the OSHA National Electrical Transmission & Distribution (ET&D) Partnership was distributed by the Alliance group.
- During this period, the Alliance group continued to offer employees and member companies the opportunity to share their near-miss information with other participants through the
NECA Chapter Web site.
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiative
- During this period, the group continued to publish and distribute the Safety Alliance Update Quarterly Newsletter, which reaches over 1,600 employees and companies.
Refer to the actions listed above.
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2012
Report Prepared by: Tom Bosley, Region IV Alliance Coordinator
- Alliance renewal during FY 2013
- Continue to conduct quarterly Alliance meetings
- Continue to disseminate the quarterly Alliance newsletter
- Continue to develop and implement the Alliance Website
- Continue to encourage interested State Plan Programs to support and participate in the Alliance
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.