Back to Region IV
- Alliance Background
October 21, 2003
Agreement Renewed January 19, 2006
OSHA, Georgia Tech, and the GHCA formed an Alliance to provide GHCA’s members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect nursing home employees’ health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to musculoskeletal disorders (MSD), bloodborne pathogens, falls, workplace violence and other hazards.
- Implementation Team Membership and Contributors:
Representatives from OSHA and the GHCA conducted all required quarterly meetings by teleconferencing, formal meetings and training sessions on the following dates: 01/19/2010, 6/16/2010, and 12/8/2010.
December 31, 2009, through December 31, 2010
- Events and Products
Training and Education
Outreach and Communication
- On January 19 -20, 2010, representatives from OSHA and the Georgia Tech Onsite Consultation Program participated in the 2010 GHCA Mid-Winter Conference at the Cobb County Galleria. Safety and health training during the event focused on the Pandemic Flu. OSHA also participated in the event as an exhibitor, which was attended by over 1,200 employers and employees. The handout materials provided for the attendees focused on Pandemic Flu, Bloodborne Pathogens, and Respiratory Protection.
- On June 16, 2010, representatives from OSHA and the Georgia Tech Onsite Consultation Program participated in the 2010 GHCA Summer Convention. During the event the Alliance group provided an OSHA Update presentation and offered instruction on navigating the OSHA web site.
- On December 8, 2010, representatives from OSHA, the Georgia Tech Onsite Consultation Program, and GHCA also met to plan and coordinate safety and health outreach activities for 2011.
- Refer to the events listed above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2011
- OSHA, Georgia Tech Research Institute’s Occupational Safety and Health Division Consultation Program (GTRI) and the GHCA will renew the current Alliance agreement.
- Participation in the January 18 – 21, 2011 GHCA Mid-Winter Conference. The event is scheduled for at the Cobb County Galleria, in Georgia
- Schedule and conduct OSHA safety and health seminars - Training planned for throughout the State. These events will focus on the Pandemic Flu and other health and safety topics related to the Nursing Home National Emphasis Program and the Recordkeeping National Emphasis Program.
Report Prepared by: Jonathan Worrell, CAS
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.