U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Atlanta Regional Office
61 Forsyth Street, S.W., Room 6T50
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
(678) 237-0443; Fax (678) 237-0446
(Atlanta-East, Atlanta-West, Savannah Area Offices)
Georgia Health Care Association (GHCA) Alliance
Annual and close-out Alliance Report
May 9, 2013
- Alliance Background:
October 21, 2003
January 19, 2006 and May 23, 2011
OSHA, Georgia Tech, and the Georgia Health Care Association (GHCA) formed an Alliance to provide GHCA's members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect nursing home employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to musculoskeletal disorders (MSD), bloodborne pathogens, falls, workplace violence and other hazards.
- Implementation Team Membership and Contributors:
Representatives from OSHA and the Georgia Health Care Association conducted all required quarterly meeting by teleconferencing, formal meetings and training sessions on the following dates: 12/14/2012, 1/24/2013, and 3/29/2013.
April 1, 2012, through March 30, 2013
- Events and Products
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
- On December 14, 2012, the OSHA Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS) from the Atlanta-West Area Office conducted a training session on the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard at a local healthcare facility. Approximately 50 workers attended the event.
- On January 23 - 24, 2013, Alliance representatives participated in the Georgia Health Care Association (GHCA) Mid-Winter Conference. Both OSHA and the Georgia Tech
Onsite Consultation Program supported the event as presenters and exhibitors. Approximately 1,500 employers and employees attended the event.
- Alliance representatives conducted outreach presentations for approximately 600 employers and employees.
- Alliance representatives distributed a wide range of health-related publications to conference attendees.
- Representatives from the Georgia Tech Onsite Consultative Service and OSHA staffed an exhibit during the conference.
Outreach and Communication
- On March 29, 2013, the OSHA CAS from the Atlanta-West Area Office conducted a presentation focused on workplace violence in health care industry. Approximately 70 workers attended the event.
- During this period, the Georgia Tech Onsite Consultative Service was effectively promoted by the Alliance group, which resulted in three visits and six interventions.
- Refer to the events listed above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2013 - 2014
Report Prepared by: Homas Bosley, Region IV - CAS Coordinator. For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.Back to Top