Back to Region IV
Upcoming Milestones in FY 2012-13
- Alliance Background
October 21, 2003
January 19, 2006 and May 23, 2011
OSHA, Georgia Tech, and the Georgia Health Care Association (GHCA) formed an Alliance to provide GHCA’s members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect nursing home employees’ health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to musculoskeletal disorders (MSD), bloodborne pathogens, falls, workplace violence and other hazards.
- Implementation Team Membership and Contributors:
Representatives from OSHA and the Georgia Health Care Association conducted all required quarterly meeting by teleconferencing, formal meetings and training sessions on the following dates: 01/19/2011, 5/23/2011, 1/19/2012, and 3/8/2012.
January 1, 2011, through March 30, 2012
- Events and Products
Raising Awareness of OSHA’s Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
Training and Education
- On January 18 – 21, 2011, Alliance representatives participated in the Georgia Health Care Association (GHCA) Mid-Winter Conference. The event was conducted at the Cobb County Galleria, in Georgia. Both OSHA and the Georgia Tech Onsite Consultation Program supported the event as presenters and exhibitors. Approximately 1,200 employers and employees attended the event.
- On January 18 – 19, 2012, Alliance representatives participated in the Georgia Health Care Association (GHCA) Mid-Winter Conference. Both OSHA and the Georgia Tech Onsite Consultation Program supported the event as presenters and exhibitors. Approximately 4,000 employers and employees attended the event.
- On March 8, 2012, OSHA and the Georgia Tech Onsite Consultation Program provided to Alliance members and others in Stockbridge, Georgia, focused on the following:
- Workplace Violence
- Safety and Health Management Systems (SHMS)
- Bloodborne Pathogens
Outreach and Communication
- On May 23, 2011, the Alliance group met to formally renew the agreement for an additional two-year period.
- Refer to the events listed above
- Promote the Alliance during the GHCA Summer Convention, which is scheduled for June 10 – 12, 2012, in Amelia Island, Florida.
- Participation in the 2013 GHCA Mid-Winter Conference at the Cobb County Galleria, in Georgia.
- Schedule and conduct safety and health seminars for GHCA members and others in the following cities:
- Macon, Georgia
- Cartersville, Georgia
- Savannah, Georgia
Report Prepared by: Phillip Moncrief, Savannah Area Office - CAS
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.