Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region IV
- Alliance Background:
May 27, 2004, Renewed August 17, 2006, and ATN Addendum signed January 17, 2007
OSHA, GCMSA, and ALAPTA Alliance to provide GCMSA and ALAPTA members and others in the maritime
industry with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect
employees’ health and safety, particularly in reducing ergonomic, as well as slip, trip and fall
Implementation Team Membership:
Members consist of OSHA, Alabama Chapter of the Physical Therapy Association, Gulf Coast Maritime
Contributors: Same as above
July 15, 2006 through July 25, 2007
- Implementation Team Meetings
October 13, 2006, November 9, 2006, December 14, 2006, February 9, 2007, March 1, 2007, March 23,
2007, May 17, 2007, May 25, 2007, June 11, 2007 and July 13, 2007.
- Events and Products
Training and Education
- Alliance members supported the "Rebuilding the Coast…Safely" Gulf Coast Construction Safety
Conference. The conference was conducted on April 17, 2007.
Outreach and Communications
- The group developed a CD and DVD focused on maritime safety and health issues.
- The group developed a CD and DVD focused on maritime safety and health issues. The CD and DVD
were comprised of material developed by the OSHA National Office and locally. Specific items
contained on the CD and DVD included the following:
- Fall protection and anchor points (DVD)
- Slips, Trips and Falls (ppt)
- Back Injury Prevention (ppt)
- Repetitive Motion Injuries (ppt)
- Longshoring Industry OSHA Publication 2232 (pdf)
- Shipyard Industry OSHA Publication 2268 (pdf)
- Examining Fatal Shipyard Accidents (DVD)
- Top Ten OSHA Cited Violations for Maritime 2006 (ppt)
- The CD and DVD were mailed to 94 employers in the maritime industry with a cover letter signed
by the Alliance signatories.
- On January 17, 2007, the Alabama Technology Network, Jefferson Davis Community College, signed
an addendum to the Alliance.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- Above referenced CD and DVD for maritime employers.
Refer to events listed above
- Upcoming Milestones
- Develop a train the trainer course with USF Education Center to provide trainers the tools to
issue OSHA 10 Hr and 30 Hr cards for maritime workers.