Back to Region IV
- Alliance Background
Originally signed May 23, 2003
Renewed June 27, 2005
Alliance focused on establishing a collaborative relationship between OSHA and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi, which will reduce and prevent employee exposure to electrical transmission and distribution equipment hazards.
Implementation Team Membership:
Representatives from OSHA and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi
Same as above
August 8, 2009, through August 8, 2010
- Implementation Team Meetings:
Meetings were conducted on the following dates: 8/26/09; 1/8/10; 4/6/10; and 7/9/10.
- Events and Products
Training and Education
During this period, the Electric Power Associations of Mississippi (EPA of MS) coordinated the following safety and health programs for all members:
- On September 3, 2009, at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School.
- On November 18, 2010, at the Holmes Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School College.
- On March 1, 2009, at the Pearl River Community College Apprentice Lineman Program
Outreach and Communication
- During this period, members of the Alliance group shared information on best practices.
- On April 6, 2010, OSHA participated in the Full-Time Safety Coordinator Round Table Meeting conducted by the EPA of MS.
- On August 25-26, 2010, the Alliance group participants, including OSHA, attended the EPA of MS Annual Safety Coordinators Conference.
- In October 2009, the Alliance group was represented at the Lineman’s Rodeo conducted by Holmes Community College.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health FY 20091
- On November 9, 2009, OSHA participated in the Underground Damage Prevention Summit and promoted the EPA of MS Alliance.
- On January 14, 2010, OSHA participated in the Arboriculture Seminar and promoted the EPA of MS Alliance.
- During this period, OSHA participated in the Electric Utility Advisory Board. The Electric Utility Advisory Board oversees the new Electrical Utility Technology program at Pearl River Community College (PRCC).
- Continued participation in alliance signed with Pearl River Community College, focused on the prevention of safety and health hazards in the electrical transmission and distribution industry.
- During this period, Alliance group representatives promoted their good working relationship with OSHA at national safety coordinators meetings.
Refer to the events above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2011
- Continued participation in the EPA-MS Alliance, which focuses on the prevention of safety and health hazards in the electrical transmission and distribution industry.
- Participation in the Arboriculture Seminar in January 2011.
- Participation in the Underground Damage Prevention Summit in November 2010.
- Participation in the Mississippi Delta Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School.
- Participation in the new underground program offered through Electric Power Associations of MS.
1The Electric Power Associations of Mississippi Alliance was promoted during several OSHA outreach presentations conducted throughout Mississippi. During each presentations the benefits of working cooperatively with OSHA was shared with a national audience. Alliance members also discussed the achievements of the group, such as providing effective safety and health training to worker in all industries.