- Alliance Background
Originally signed May 23, 2003 and Renewed June 27, 2005
Alliance focused on establishing a collaborative relationship between OSHA and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi, which will reduce and
prevent employee exposure to electrical transmission and distribution equipment
Implementation Team Membership:
Representatives from OSHA and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi
Same as above
August 6, 2008, through August 7, 2009
Implementation Team Meetings
Meeting held on a quarterly basis – 11/17/08, 1/15/09, 4/7/09, and 8/26/09
Events and Products
Training and Education
- During this period the Electric Power Associations of Mississippi presented
monthly safety programs for all members.
- During this period the Holmes Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman
- During this period the following courses were conducted by EPA of MS members:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School.
- Electric Power Associations of Mississippi sponsored Basic Lineman School.
- Electric Power Associations of Mississippi sponsored Advance Lineman School.
Outreach and Communication
- Several articles, focused on workplace safety and health, were posted in Today
in Mississippi, which is the official publication of the Electric Power
Associations of Mississippi.
- The OSHA Jackson Area Office CAS conducted safety and health presentations for
association members, focused on the electrical industry.
- During this period several EPA of MS members shared information on best
- The OSHA Area Office participated in the EPA of MS Annual Safety Coordinators
- OSHA participated in the EPA of MS Full-Time Safety Coordinator Round Table
- OSHA participated in the Arboriculture Seminar.
- OSHA participated in the Underground Damage Prevention Summit.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health FY 2009
- OSHA participates in the Electric Utility Advisory Board, which oversees the
new Electrical Utility Technology program at Pearl River Community College (PRCC).
- EPA of MS representatives promoted their good working relationship with OSHA
at national safety coordinators meetings.
- OSHA participated in the Full-Time Safety Coordinator Round Table Meeting.
- During this period OSHA participated in the Lineman’s Rodeo was conducted at
Holmes Community College and the event was posted on the OSHA Event Page.
Refer to the events above
Upcoming Milestones in FY 2010
- Continued participation in the EPA-MS Alliance and the Pearl River Community
College Alliance, which focused on the prevention of safety and health hazards
in the electrical transmission and distribution industry.
- Participation in Arboriculture Seminar in winter 2010.
- Participation in Underground Damage Prevention Summit in fall of 2009.
Report Prepared by: Courtney Bohannon, Compliance Assistance Specialist
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at
202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's website.