- Alliance Background
Originally signed May 23, 2003
Renewed June 27, 2005
Overview: Alliance focused on establishing a collaborative relationship
between OSHA and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi, which will reduce
and prevent employee exposure to electrical transmission and distribution
Implementation Team Membership:
Representatives from OSHA and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi
Contributors: Same as above
Evaluation Period: August 4, 2007, through August 5, 2008
- Implementation Team Meetings:
Meeting held on a quarterly basis – 8/9/07, 9/19/07, 1/17/08, 4/08/08
- Events and Products
Training and Education
Outreach and Communication
- Electric Power Associations of Mississippi presents monthly safety programs
for all members.
- East Mississippi Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School.
- Electric Power Associations of Mississippi sponsored Basic Lineman School.
- Electric Power Associations of Mississippi sponsored Advance Lineman School.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health FY
- Articles were posted in the Today in Mississippi official publication of the
Electric Power Associations of Mississippi, which focused on safety and health.
- The OSHA Jackson Area Office CAS conducted safety and health presentations
for association members, focused on the electrical industry.
- Members of the Alliance shared information on best practices.
- OSHA attended and participated in Annual Safety Coordinators Conference.
- OSHA participated in the Arboriculture Seminar.
- OSHA participates in the Electric Utility Advisory Board, which oversees the
new Electrical Utility Technology program at Pearl River Community College (PRCC).
- New alliance signed with Pearl River Community College, focused on the
prevention of safety and health hazards in the electrical transmission and
- Representatives promote their good working relationship with OSHA at
national safety coordinators meetings.
- OSHA participated in the Full Time Safety Coordinator Round Table Meeting.
Refer to the events above.
Upcoming Milestones in FY 2009
- Continued participation in the EPA-MS Alliance and the Pearl River Community
College Alliance, which focused on the prevention of safety and health hazards
in the electrical transmission and distribution industry.
- Participation in the 2009 Arboriculture Seminar.
Attend Lineman’s Rodeo.