|<< Back to Region IV
- Alliance Background: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi (EPA of MS) Alliance was formed to provide EPA of MS members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees’ health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to electrical transmission and distribution equipment hazards.
Date Signed: May 23, 2003
Overview: This alliance was established to foster a collaborative relationship between OSHA and EPA of MS focused on reducing and preventing exposure to electrical transmission and distribution equipment hazards.
Implementation Team Membership:
Representatives from OSHA and EPA of MS
Contributors: Same as above.
Evaluation Period: April 13, 2004, through May 16, 2005
- Implementation Team Meetings:
Meeting held on a quarterly basis
Training and Education FY 2004
Presented "So You Want to Be a Lineman" to the following Associations:
- Central Electric Power Association
Basic Transformer Banking, Sponsored by Coast Electric Power Association
- Yazoo Valley Electric Power Association
- East Mississippi Electric Power Association
MS Gulf Coast Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School
Basic Lineman School
Advance Lineman School. Postponed due to hurricanes
Outreach and Communication FY 2004
Share information on best practices
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health FY 2004
Testing of Rubber Gloves every 60 days.
Distribute Struck By CD
Mount strobe lights fleet vehicles in order to increase visibility.
Certified Loss Control Representatives
Each system performs outreach to the community (Coast Electric & Four County have developed training trailers to be used for live demonstrations)
Distribute Photo Archive CD (update)
Distribute Recordkeeping CD
Top Gun Lineman Rodeo CD
Several articles in the Today in Mississippi official publication of the Electric Power Associations of Mississippi
Coast Electric EPA has expressed an interest in becoming a VPP site. Major obstacle is majority of work performed offsite as part of a mobile workforce
Representatives promote their good working relationship with OSHA at national safety coordinators meetings
- Events and Products
Full Time Safety Coordinator Round Table
Annual Safety Coordinators Conference
Yazoo Valley Electric Power Association sponsored Top Gun Lineman Rodeo
Refer to the events above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2005
Arboriculture Seminar 7/27/05
Alliance renewal – Date Pending