U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Fort Lauderdale Area Office
1000 Pine Island Road, Suite 100
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324
(954) 424-0242; Fax (954) 424-3073
CONSULATE GENERAL OF DOMINICAN REPUBLIC Annual Report
November 7, 2014
September 4, 2013
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Consul General of the Dominican Republic in Miami, Florida formed an Alliance to provide Dominican Nationals in Florida with information, guidance, and access to education and training resources to promote workers’ rights in protecting their occupational safety and health, particularly with regards to hazards such as chemical safety, bloodborne pathogens, electrocutions, and machine guarding.
Implementation Team Meetings
During this period, quarterly attempts have been made to contact representatives from the Consul’s staff via email, phone calls, as well as visits.
September 4, 2013 to September 4, 2014
Events and Products
Training and Education
Outreach and Communications
- During this period, outreach material printed in Spanish was delivered to the Consul General of the Dominican Republic in Miami, Florida, to promote the Heat Illness Prevention campaign.
- During this period, outreach material printed in Spanish was delivered to the Consul General of the Dominican Republic in Miami, Florida, to promote the National Fall Prevention Safety Stand-down, which was conduction June 2 -6, 2014.
- Please see the results posted above.
V. Upcoming Milestones in 2014 - 2015
- The OSHA Ft. Lauderdale Area Office will continue its effort to work effectively with the Consul General of the Dominican Republic in Miami, Florida. Effective outreach to the Hispanic is especially important at this time due to the recent increase in the number of deaths among Hispanic workers.
Report Prepared by: Vergie Bain, CAS Fort Lauderdale Area Office
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.Back to Top