Back to Region IV
- Alliance Background
May 11, 2010
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Atlanta-West Area Office and Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine Alliance is focused on providing Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine readers and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources to help them protect the health and safety of workers in the construction industry.
May 11, 2010, through May 11, 2011
- Implementation Team Membership and Contributors:
The implementation team included representatives from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office and Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine. Implementation team meetings were conducted during the following months: June 2011; July 2011; August 2011; November 2011; January 2012; and April 2012.
- Events and Products
Outreach and Communication
- During this period, the Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS) in the Atlanta-West Area Office reviewed and offered revisions regarding several articles developed for the publication. The CAS also provided the Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine with assistance during the selection of photographs, used to illustrate articles in the magazine. Safety and health related articles were featured in the publication regarding the following topics:
- Fall 2011 - Fall Restraint (a brief section was added about the upcoming new residential fall directive)
- Early Spring 2011 - Secretary Hilda Solis wrote an article for this issue titled “Together we can make the workplaces safer”
- Spring 2012 - Struck-by Hazards with Heavy Equipment
- Summer 2012 - Noise in the Workplace (release pending)
- In the summer of 2011, the National Office wrote a success story about the Constru Guia al Dia Alliance on OSHA’s website.
- In July 2011, the CAS in the Atlanta-West Area Office had a teleconference with representatives of the Constru Guia al Dia Magazine to develop the editorial (what safety articles will be developed) for Fall 2011 through Summer 2012.
- The OSHA Alliance is promoted on the Constru Guia al Dia Magazine website at - http://www.cgaldia.com/. Constru Guia al Dia Magazine is published quarterly, with a circulation of 296,700 copies (an increase of almost 37,000 copies more than last fiscal year).
- Please refer to the accomplishments listed above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2012
- Renew the Alliance
- Continue to effectively promote safety and health through the Alliance
- Continue to effectively promote OSHA outreach initiatives and campaigns, such the Heat Illness Prevention, Residential Fall Protection, and Worker’s Rights
Report Prepared by: Marilyn M. Velez, Atlanta-West Area Office - CAS
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA