Back to Region IV
- Alliance Background
May 11, 2010
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Atlanta-West Area Office and Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine Alliance is focused on providing Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine readers and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources to help them protect the health and safety of workers in the construction industry.
- Implementation Team Membership and Contributors:
The implementation team included representatives from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office and Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine. Implementation team meetings were conducted during the following periods: October 2010; December 2010; February 2011; and March 2011.
May 11, 2010, through May 11, 2011
- Events and Products
Outreach and Communication
- During this period, the Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS) in the Atlanta-West Area Office reviewed and offered revisions regarding several articles developed for the publication. The CAS also provided the Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine with assistance during the selection of photographs, used to illustrate articles in the magazine. Safety and health related articles were featured in the publication regarding the following topics:
- Summer 2010: Heavy Lifting
- Fall 2010: Electrical Safety
- Early Spring 2011: Concrete/Cement Hazards
- Spring 2011: Lead Hazards
- Summer 2011: Heat Illness Prevention
- In January 2011, the Constru Guia al Dia Magazine prepared for the launch of a weekly radio show with OSHA assisting in the taping of eight shows. The weekly program initially focused on the Texas market.
- The Constru Guia radio was launched on March 27, 2011, and it was aired in the following cities:
- Austin - 107.1 FM KLZT 7:00-7:30 AM
- Dallas/Forth Worth - 106.7 FM KZZA 7:00-7:30 AM
- Houston - 98.5 FM and 103.3 FM KTJM 7:00-7:30 AM
- El Paso - 97.5 FM KBNA 9:30-10:00 AM
- San Antonio - 1350 AM KCOR 7:30-8:00 AM
- The CAS for Atlanta-West Area Office supported the launch of the Constru Guia al Dia weekly radio show (Constru Guia radio) by working with the station to develop the following scripts for its radio programs:
- March 27: Work Zone Traffic Safety and Safe Driving Practices
- April 3: Lead in Construction
- April 10: Crane Safety
- April 17: Electrical Safety
- April 24: Top Four Construction Hazards
- May 1: Construction PPE and Respirators
- May 8: Confined Spaces in Construction
- May 15: Heat Illness Prevention
- In March 2011, Constru Guia al Dia magazine and Constru Guia radio supported OSHA's Heat Illness Prevention Campaign (Water, Rest, Shade). The summer edition of the magazine, which was issued on May 24, 2011, featured an article regarding heat stress and the CAS also taped a radio show focused on the topic.
- In March – April 2011, Constru Guia radio offered OSHA free airtime to feature a safety and health public service announcement (PSA). Following is a collection of the eight PSA's, which were taped and aired by the radio program:
- Show 1 - http://www.thecreativexchange.com/cgsh.126.96.36.199.mp3
- Show 2 - http://www.thecreativexchange.com/cgsh.188.8.131.52.mp3
- Show 3 - http://www.thecreativexchange.com/cgsh.184.108.40.206.mp3
- Show 4 - http://www.thecreativexchange.com/cgsh.220.127.116.11.mp3
- Show 5 - http://www.thecreativexchange.com/cgsh.18.104.22.168.mp3
- Show 6 - http://www.thecreativexchange.com/cgsh.22.214.171.124.mp3
- Show 7 - http://www.thecreativexchange.com/cgsh.126.96.36.199.mp3
- Show 8 - http://www.thecreativexchange.com/cgsh.188.8.131.52.mp3
- The OSHA Alliance is promoted on the Constru Guia al Dia Magazine website at - http://www.cgaldia.com/.
- Constru Guia al Dia Magazine is published quarterly, with a circulation of 260,000 copies.
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2012
- Renew the Alliance
- Continue to effectively promote safety and health through the Alliance
- Continue to effectively promote OSHA outreach initiatives, such the Heat Illness Prevention Campaigns
Report Prepared by: Marilyn Velez, Atlanta-West Area Office - CAS
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.