|<< Back to Region IV
- Alliance Background
May 11, 2010
March 25, 2013
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Atlanta-West Area Office and Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine Alliance is focused on providing Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine readers and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources to help them protect the health and safety of workers in the construction industry.
May 16, 2012, through May 16, 2013
- Implementation Team Membership and Contributors:
The implementation team included representatives from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office and Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine. Implementation team meetings were conducted during the following months: July 2012; September 2012; November 2012; January 2013; March 2013; and May 2013.
- Events and Products
Outreach and Communication
- In July 2012, the CAS in the Atlanta-West Area Office conducted a teleconference with representatives of the Constru Guia al Dia Magazine to discuss the quarterly safety features from fall 2012 through summer 2013.
- During this period, the Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS) in the Atlanta-West Area Office reviewed and offered revisions regarding several articles developed for the publication. The CAS also provided the Constru-Guia Al Dia Magazine with assistance during the selection of photographs, used to illustrate articles in the magazine. Safety and health related articles were featured in the publication regarding the following topics:
- Fall 2012 - Loading and Unloading a Truck Safely
- Early Spring 2012 - Personal Protective Equipment Regulations
- Spring 2013 - Nail Guns Safety
- Summer 2013 - Working Safely with Asphalt
- On March 25, 2013, the alliance was renewed for a 2-year period.
- The OSHA Alliance is promoted on the Constru Guia al Dia Magazine website at - http://www.cgaldia.com/. Constru Guia al Dia Magazine is published quarterly, with a circulation of 296,700 copies. This magazine has become the largest circulated Hispanic male magazine in the U.S. 76% of the readers are owners or supervisors and 24% are laborers.
- During this period, Constru Guia al Dia has used e-mail blast, their Facebook page and website to promote OSHA's training materials such as fact sheets, videos and e-Tools.
- Please refer to the accomplishments listed above
- In 2012, Constru Guia al Dia Magazine conducted a survey of its readers. 78% of the owners/employers and 49% of the workers responded that the safety section of the magazine was very useful and that they love it.
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2013
- Continue to effectively promote safety and health through the Alliance
- Continue to effectively promote OSHA outreach initiatives and campaigns, such the Heat Illness Prevention, Residential Fall Protection, and Worker's Rights
Report Prepared by: Marilyn M. Velez, Atlanta-West Area Office - CAS
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.