U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Jackson Area Office
3780 I-55 North, Suite 210
Jackson, MS 39211-6323
(601) 965-4606; Fax (601) 965-4610
AGC-MS Alliance Annual and Close-out Report
December 20, 2010
- Alliance Background
Originally signed July 26, 2004 and Renewed December 19, 2006
Alliance focused on establishing a collaborative relationship between OSHA and the Associated General Contractors of Mississippi (AGC-MS), which will reduce and prevent employee exposure to struck-by hazards, as well as other prevalent hazards in the construction industry such as falls, electrical, crush-by and caught-in hazards. Emphasis will also be placed on effectively communicating these issues to hard-to-reach groups, such as non-English speaking workers.
Implementation Team Membership
The implementation team members include representatives from OSHA and the Associated General Contractors of Mississippi (AGC-MS)
Same as above.
August 18, 2009 through August 20, 2010
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were conducted on the following dates: 10/14/2009; 3/4/2010; and 4/15/2010.
- Events and Products
Training and Education
During this period, the AGC-MS Alliance coordinated with OSHA to provide the following safety and health training courses for workers:
- OSHA 10 and 30-Hour OSHA Construction Courses
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Course conducted in Spanish
- Permit Required Confined Space Course
- Powered industrial truck operator and Aerial Lift Course
- Fall Arrest and Protection Awareness Course
- Scaffolding Competent Person Course
- First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Training Course
- Hazard Communication Training Course
- Trenching and Excavation Competent Person Course
Outreach and Communication
During this period, the AGC-MS Alliance coordinated with OSHA to participate in the following outreach events:
- OSHA participated in the Management & Superintendent's Retreat
- OSHA Participated in the Safety Day
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health FY 2011
Refer to the events above.
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2011
- Renew the AGC-MS Alliance
- Participation in the 2011 Safety Day conducted by the AGC-MS
- Participation in the 2011 AGC-MS Safety Director meeting
Report Prepared by: Courtney Bohannon, Compliance Assistance Specialist
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's webpage.