AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
WILKES-BARRE AREA OFFICE
THE AMERICAN RED CROSS
WYOMING VALLEY CHAPTER
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Wilkes-Barre Area Offices, and the American Red Cross, Wyoming Valley Chapter, recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and the American Red Cross hereby form an Alliance to provide local businesses and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to fall, amputation, ergonomic, chemical, electrical and other physical hazards and/or addressing implementation of effective safety and health program issues. In developing this Alliance, OSHA and the American Red Cross recognize that OSHA's State Plan and Consultation Project partners are an integral part of the OSHA national effort.
OSHA and the American Red Cross, Wyoming Valley Chapter will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Develop and provide training and education programs for business and industry for preventing hazards related to falls, amputations, ergonomic, chemical, electrical, physical hazards and for the implementation of effective safety and health programs and to provide expertise in communicating such information to employers and employees.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety and health training sessions at the Wyoming Valley Chapter Red Cross training facility. Workplace classes would include: First aid, CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), bloodborne pathogens and others.
OSHA and the American Red Cross, Wyoming Valley Chapter, will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Provide expertise in developing information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to provide expertise in developing innovative ways of communicating such information through print, electronic media, and electronic assistance tools to employers and employees.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at the American Red Cross, Wyoming Valley Chapter, training sessions, regional meetings or other events.
- Share non-confidential information among OSHA personnel and the American Red Cross, Wyoming Valley Chapter, regarding best practices or effective approaches and publicize results through outreach by the American Red Cross, Wyoming Valley Chapter, and through OSHA or the American Red Cross developed materials, training programs, workshops, seminars, and lectures or other applicable forum.
- Promote and encourage participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and its Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
- Work with American Red Cross, Wyoming Valley Chapter, participants on specific issues and projects for safety and health program improvements.
- Encourage the American Red Cross participants to build relationships with OSHA's Regional and Area Offices, State Plan States, and Consultation Projects to address health and safety issues.
OSHA and the American Red Cross, Wyoming Valley Chapter, will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health whenever the Wyoming Valley Chapter Red Cross leaders address groups.
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of safety and health and publicize their results.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on health and safety issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
The Alliance provides parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. The Alliance will be a valuable tool for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance, neither the American Red Cross, Wyoming Valley Chapter, nor OSHA endorses any of that party's products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Either party may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of both parties.
American Red Cross
Wyoming Valley Chapter
American Red Cross
Wyoming Valley Chapter
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Wilkes-Barre Area Office